Personal Head Unit

AE120

Deffinately doesn't stop the central locking from working as the security system isn't intergrated into the headunit itself like some other cars. I don't think it'll stop any other features. It certaintely didn't for mine. :D

Deffinately doesn't stop the central locking from working as the security system isn't intergrated into the headunit itself like some other cars. I don't think it'll stop any other features. It certaintely didn't for mine. :D

COOL! THX MATE! I'm gonna put in a Sony Mp3 Player with 2 speakers :)

I'll back you up with that one Brandon....

The only thing removing your stock head unit does is inhibits you from hearing music until you replace it....

When the guys put mine in it actually did stop working as they replaced speakers in the door they left off some cap thing so it made the alarm go off all the time.. :rolleyes: ... Just be carful as to what you touch. Stock headunit should not be a prob B)

When the guys put mine in it actually did stop working as they replaced speakers in the door they left off some cap thing so it made the alarm go off all the time.. :rolleyes: ... Just be carful as to what you touch. Stock headunit should not be a prob B)

The alarm should be switched off before doing any eletrical work (that should require disconnecting the battery) :D

If you disconnect the battery, you have to reset each power window for them to work from the drivers panel.

Go around to all the windows and wind them down and hold it down for 3 seconds, then wind them up again.

That should get them working on the drivers side controls.

really?

I disconnected the battery when installing the headunit... everything still worked afterwards. MAybe cos i was replacing a my deck with another OEM deck.

Edited by neK

• 1 year later...
If you disconnect the battery, you have to reset each power window for them to work from the drivers panel.

Go around to all the windows and wind them down and hold it down for 3 seconds, then wind them up again.

That should get them working on the drivers side controls.

can anyone confirm this?

just curious coz ive dc'd my battery several times and ive never had issues with the power windows.