starting fresh - needing tipppppzzzz

anthoboi

Hi there , i just got a toyota corolla ascent 05 and like .. u know the stock .. mp3 player that comes with it .. i was wondering whether it was possible to use that same deck .. and at the same time add soem extra wires so that i can connect a amp and a sub to it .. and like add new speakers to the car...

i was wondering whether n e 1 could give me some tips .. n b able to provide like a simple manual on how to do it .. im not really into getting ppl to do it for me coz i wont learn that way ... n yeh i wanna know how to install these things into my car ...

so if n e 1 could give me some advice that would be tops

thanks alot .. mostly appreciated

Edited by phoboi

First of all, the oem headunit does not have RCA outputs meaning you cannot connect an external amplification unit. There are ways around this using an RCA converter but IMO, if you are going to upgrade your system... you will want to upgrade your source unit too for useability and upgradability reasons, not to mention the improvements in the overall sound.

Step 1: Removing your front centre bezel to unbolt the brackets holding the headunit.

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...?showtopic=2019

Step 2: Wiring up your new headunit. You'll need the following diagram to do so. Remember to go by the pin letter rather than the wiring colour.

http://www.installdr.com/Harnesses/Toyota-Wiring.pdf

Step 3: Installing your speakers. Well here's a start.

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...amp;hl=speakers

Step 4: Installing your amp. Quite a few locations you can mount it. Personally you won't be needing to fiddle around with it once you have correctly tuned your settings so somewhere away from sight is good (e.g Underneath front seats, underneath boot lid, behind rear seats, etc). Your manual that should come with your amp will provide you with all the information you need.

You'll need a few things before you get started such as an amp kit to wire up your amps, side butterflies to cover up the side gaps the aftermarket unit leaves and some other little things here and there.

Feel free to ask any question and welcome to Tocau :D

Hi there , i just got a toyota corolla ascent 05 and like .. u know the stock .. mp3 player that comes with it .. i was wondering whether it was possible to use that same deck .. and at the same time add soem extra wires so that i can connect a amp and a sub to it .. and like add new speakers to the car...

i was wondering whether n e 1 could give me some tips .. n b able to provide like a simple manual on how to do it .. im not really into getting ppl to do it for me coz i wont learn that way ... n yeh i wanna know how to install these things into my car ...

Azza has wired up an amp and sub to run from the standard head unit.

Go to JB hifi and buy a Stinger - SLOC, you will splice this to your speaker cables and it will give you 2 rca outs for your sub, amp combo, beware of engine noise and avery average sound quality.

Edited by negatron

I'd lose the stock deck as well. I mean, head units are so cheap nowadays, you can get very very good ones for as little as $350, and they're much more tunable than one you get with the car. You'll have at least 6 EQ bands as opposed to 3, 2 or 3 RCA preouts, the ability to play most audio file formats, the list goes on.

I'd lose the stock deck as well. I mean, head units are so cheap nowadays, you can get very very good ones for as little as $350, and they're much more tunable than one you get with the car. You'll have at least 6 EQ bands as opposed to 3, 2 or 3 RCA preouts, the ability to play most audio file formats, the list goes on.

heys thanks for msging ...

yeah i know what ur saying buh .. i dont want to change n e design within the inside of the car...

iuno... why im like this .. buh yeh .. i feel as tho .. the car gotta stay standard insides.. i dont want to make it seem as tho the car has been investng alot of money ... i dont want ppl to think that theres alot of expenses on the inside .. i uno .. i rather keep the standard in there and just add rca's

n just getting a little bit of extra bass is all i really need.. i dontw ant the whole world to shake hehe .. not the type to crank it up really loud so yeh doesnt mata

thanks

antho_ Boi

you can also add bass by deadening the front 2 doors,

I've done it.. and it's best $120 I've spent.. Still running stock speakers, and it's mid bass improved alot.

heys

wah do u mean by killing the front 2 doors ? n what did u spend $120 on ?

would u b able to give simple guideline on how u did it ? coz im gathering up tips and like .. gonna decide soon .. n i wanna compare which one would b worth it so yeh thanks a million

antho_boi

lol.. not 'killing' it.. deadening is when you cover the inside of doors with a heavy material... so that it would give you better sound insulation...

2 main benifits are... Readuced road noise... and improve mid bass on the front stage....

I paid $120 for Dynamat Extreme Doors Kit.. but you can use cheaper stuff like Flashtac ...

but apparently Dynamat was the easiest to use, so it was my choice since it was my first time..

check cout http://www.caraudioaustralia.com/ for instructions...

Edited by Jimz

Not to mention the irritating rattles, especially in an African built Corolla :P

hahahaha yeah .... unfortunately i've got the african built corolla.... .

wait.. how does that work out ...

corolla being made in africa buh sold in australia ? is that what it is ?