1din DVD HU that plays all regions

JJCRU23R

im shopping around 4 a 1din dvd/cd/mp3/ipod ready head unit that doesnt have region coding for the dvd.

i checked JVC and seems theirs only plays region 4 or dvds that can be played in all regions, and 2 be honest id rather hear from people who have already gone 2 the trouble of finding it and buying it and have no problems recommending it.

so yea if you can include price and where you found it as well that would be great.

jase

by getting hu from china or taiwan... u should be able to get multi regions....

as for branded hus... i doubt they do.. i have enquired abt them b4

i was afraid of that.

I know Alpine units can be sent to Alpine to get them chipped for a few hundred dollars which is great as you are able to retain your warranty. Not sure if they still offer this service.

May I ask why you need region free? As you said, as most, if not all can play region-free & region 4 discs so any DVD you have that isn't region 4 or region-free, I guess you could just rip and reburn them into region-free format.

2din HU doesnt fit my plans 4 my system!

k lemme explain...

ive ordered a 8"solobaric kicker coming direct from the US on the 13th of sept..

gonna make myself a custom fibreglass case to house it in the boot ALA silvabullits $300sub box

still gotta find a decent amp 2 power it 4 the right price.

future plans is to get this:

LILLIPUT IN DASH MOTORIZED VGA TOUCHSCREEN, AM/FM, 4X45AMP, USB.

as you can see its 1DIN.

to go under this i need a 1din dvd/vcd/mp3/cd/ ipodready-(hopefully)

Yes im aware of alpine HUs are able 2 play all regions but yea, my nearest jb hifi didnt have 1 in stock 2 show me. they only had the model with a lcd, and obviously im not after that 1 or any lcd from jb since they dont have a VGA input.

i need the VGA screen 2 view the carpc im planning 2 put together.

havent bought most of this stuff yet... still in planning stages but im pretty sure what i need 2 get 2 make this reality :)

below is the case im planning 2 get... looks roughly the size of an average amp.

Edited by JJCRU23R

Lilliput make an in dash Carputer that will do everything you want... fits in single din slot so you can mount the computer the screen together in the double din space :)

there are also better (fanless) boxes around too ;)

this model is a couple of years old and getting dated... I've been doing the research too ;)

yea im well aware of the indash pc that goes with the lilliput screen...

heres the link : http://www.brashimports.com.au/GL701-tc1000.htm

$1600 including delivery, not bad, but i want 2 hide the fact theres a carputer in the car!

im also kinda put off by the look of the face of the HU... and having the pc in the dash is kinda asking for people to come and break into the car...

thats y im considering putting the pc box somewhere behind the backseats or under the front passengers seat.

Yeah I'm looking at a stand alone fanless PC I can set up in the boot with a remote DVD-ROM/CD-R combo drive up front (most likley in the glove box). There is a Lilliput screen that has built in TV-tuner and Radio that I'm looking at as well, as it's simpler to install the the USB things that don't always work... just ask Tom.

Yeah, that's why I've chosen to go with just remote mounting the DVD drive. I don't want to be fiddling with the seat/boot/where ever I stash the thing to put a Disk in the drive so remote mounting works best. Plus you can buy smaller/lighter units if you get one without the CD slot.

Yeah, that's why I've chosen to go with just remote mounting the DVD drive. I don't want to be fiddling with the seat/boot/where ever I stash the thing to put a Disk in the drive so remote mounting works best. Plus you can buy smaller/lighter units if you get one without the CD slot.

What exactly do you mean by the term "remote mounting"?

PC unit will be in the boot and the DVD drive will be in the glove box connected by about 2m of USB cable.

You can but USB cases for slimline DVD drives (notebook style) for about $30-40 then buy a cheap drive to put into it... simple ;)