brake noises in sportivo

mickeyg

Same....

i feel the same...

i love the car so much, that i'm not really caring about the rattles.

gear selector, dash rattle and reverse brakes...*shrugs*

i'll leave it as is...until it sounds like my car is going to fall apart. <_<

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

xTiGeRx how are you liking the stivo? Did you try full throttle lift? Do you feel it was worth replacing your last baby?

Questions, questions... I know I'm just interested as I was one of the those recommending you to go the stivo over your Levin!

I was telling him to take it easy, atleast for the first 1K seeing as though its a brand new engine.......worst case scenario after 1-2K start using lift and see the difference and u can have it serviced/checked if there are any dramas within the first 3-5K...

But atleast take it easy for the first K, he said hes been staying out of lift and hitting just under 6KPM......I would have thought u should keep ur revs lower than that for the first K, i mean ur not hitting lift but still 6k! wouldnt u try to keep it between 3-4ish K or something..?

I mean really if ur gonna drive around at under first 500Km hitting 6KRPM then u may aswell get it over with and give lift a go...

what u all think?

I love the car overall :D

Full throttle...ahh..i've only tried it twice...the car has only done 500km.

i was a little worried that i'd do some damage...so didn't really give it as much as you guys would already.

Worth it. Definately! =)

28,300 - 29,990. the extra money is definately worth it! :D :D :D

The rattles and that...*shrugs* it'll get fixed in the future...when Toyota pulls their FIST out. <_<

Mate i know what youre going through, it's the new car syndrome whenre you hear every tick and noise the car makes. I wouldnt worry too much about it, it's a new car and everything has to wear in. I was the same, but now the car is perfect. I was winging about the gearbox, too notchy etc, rattles blah blah blah, brake noise etc. You get used to the brake noise and what the hell you dont drive in reverse all day, the rattles(havent had any dash ones) but the rear one got fixed(loose numberplate), and the gearbox is performing real good

I guess if u haven't heard the knocking or ticking noise then u would say there's nothing wrong with it...but for those who have heard it would say there's something definitely not right.

I get a knocking noise in the engine and a ticking noise under the car. I would say that's not normal.

As far as the rattles in the dash...I got it fixed last week and so far no problems. Yay! Nice to drive without the annoying sounds.