is anyone here on austudy?

JJCRU23R

just wondering if the payments continue through the holidays until the next year? i still plan on studying @uni next year...

also.. december-jan i will be going overseas... can i still be paid while im overseas?

Is Austudy the same as youth allowance? I used to be on that, they paid me every fortnight as long as I was enrolled full time. They didn't say anything about the mid-year break. I didn't have it over the summer break so I don't know about that. Surely they can't take it off you if you studied full time in autumn + spring?

they will continue paying you. But if they find out you went overseas, you'll have to pay it back. might aswell go in and tell them about your situation and work something out.

Exactly. Supports the system that supports you.

While it may seem great to get free money off the government, remember that every other working Australian's tax money is funding you.

You will be in that position in the near future, the last thing you want is some kid rorting the system and requiring you to pay more tax than you should.

they will continue paying you. But if they find out you went overseas, you'll have to pay it back. might aswell go in and tell them about your situation and work something out.

Exactly. Supports the system that supports you.

While it may seem great to get free money off the government, remember that every other working Australian's tax money is funding you.

You will be in that position in the near future, the last thing you want is some kid rorting the system and requiring you to pay more tax than you should.

Well said neK. Your out of Australia, therefore you do not need Australia Tax Payers money until you ender our waters again.

Edited by SPTIVO_LUVA

well yea of course im intending to do the right thing by them...

but when i wanna put a hold on the payments while im overseas, would i need to fill in all that paperwork like i did the first time to get back on it next year??

anyone have previous experience in this matter?