Ford T50 gearbox matching to a 2ZZ engine?

Hi everyone.

I’m currently building up a Clubman type car and am at the point where I’m about to buy an engine. I currently have a ford T50 gearbox which matches the 4AG engine perfectly.

However in the quest for more naturally aspirated power and a newer engine to dodge any possible licensing issues I want to fit a 2ZZ engine.

I’ve only just started researching there compatibility and was wondering if they can be matched up.

I currently have a ford T50 gearbox which matches the 4AG engine perfectly.

The T50 is a Toyota gearbox dude, not a Ford. The reason why it matches perfectly is because it's the exact same gearbox used in the AE86, which used the 4AGE engine. T50s also came out in T-series Celicas, and are extremely common to use in Clubmans with A-series engines (one of my uni lecturers has a silvertop 4AGE 20V and T50 in his clubman)

If your building a clubman i believe that these guys will be the one stop shop to talk to or you can purchase a ready built clubman from them with 4AGE 16v,20v and i believe they are doing 2zz-ge packages now as well the old gent at my work has a PRB built clubman with a 4AGE-20v silver top with quads etc.... and his car only weighs about 300kg....The thing sounds great and it's Friken quick!!

www.prbaustralia.com.au/ :clap: :)

• 3 weeks later...

I currently have a ford T50 gearbox which matches the 4AG engine perfectly.

The T50 is a Toyota gearbox dude, not a Ford. The reason why it matches perfectly is because it's the exact same gearbox used in the AE86, which used the 4AGE engine. T50s also came out in T-series Celicas, and are extremely common to use in Clubmans with A-series engines (one of my uni lecturers has a silvertop 4AGE 20V and T50 in his clubman)

Woops I meant to write Toyota. Suppose that what I get for reading reviews of the XR5 just before I post :P

Thanks for all the help.

I’ve researched it a bit more and it although an adapter plate could be fashioned the gearbox itself isn’t the strongest to use. The bulletproof Supra box seems to be the recommend choice.

Edited by Demosthene