sportivo engine

hey guys,

just wondering what an 05 or 06 model corolla sportivo engine would be worth?

has anyone done any conversions with this engine to fit any other cars besides corollas?

cheers

Hey mate,

In answer to your first question a pretty penny ...... a crated motor from toyota ur not going to get much change back from $10K i think it was .... however as a 2nd hand engine ive seen them averaging around the $3K-$5K with the gear box but this wasnt for 05/06 was closer to 03/04 with some km's on them as its hard to find 03/04 ones let alone a newer one ..... spotted one a few weeks back for $1K but at that price u gotta wonder either the person doesnt know wat they have or they do know wat they have (a dud motor) hence the price

The only conversions ive seen done on a 2zz is either putting them into clubman race cars purely for track purposes or putting them in the back of the mr-s so swapping the 1zz out for the 2zz beast .... i cant say that ive seen the 2zz enter any other car.

cheers

Bill

www.pickles.com

www.fowles.com

occassionally there are damaged rolla sportivo's there. we've bought about 5. range in price depending on damage etc.

My one which we repared for the street was around 7.5k.

others we have bought that are statutory write offs (means u cant register the car ever again) are cheaper. we buy them simply for the engines/gearbox/wiring loom/ecu which is im sure what u are looking for. range between 3 - 5k but u gotta spend lots of time pulling it apart which can take a while, plus u will need to buy bolt on parts like radiator/air con condenser etc.

and i agree with Bill, havent seen them in anything but a corolla, a celica, a lotus, some clubmans and the MR2's

www.pickles.com

www.fowles.com

occassionally there are damaged rolla sportivo's there. we've bought about 5. range in price depending on damage etc.

My one which we repared for the street was around 7.5k.

others we have bought that are statutory write offs (means u cant register the car ever again) are cheaper. we buy them simply for the engines/gearbox/wiring loom/ecu which is im sure what u are looking for. range between 3 - 5k but u gotta spend lots of time pulling it apart which can take a while, plus u will need to buy bolt on parts like radiator/air con condenser etc.

and i agree with Bill, havent seen them in anything but a corolla, a celica, a lotus, some clubmans and the MR2's

Someone on here knew someone (there was a post on it) who did a conversion, putting a 2ZZ-GE into an Echo (or Vitz or whatever they call them), even though it apparently could keep up with stock R33 Skylines it was deemed a failure due to poor workmanship n unreliability (lol the radiator n other stuff was bein held on by zip ties)

Edited by grima88

ahhhhh yes how could i forget the echo 2zz conversion ...... there were 2 attempts @ this .... 1 was done overseas where it was acknowledge that the car will never meet road standards so it was kept as a show car .... the other was by one of voy's mates and yes those darn engine mount keep on snapping and that zip tie holders just werent upto scratch :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

oh and the only other conversion ive seen was the one in the picture below ...... i caught this at a TOC meet while i was in the UK ..... its owned by one of the toyota engineers there running a lotus 2zz.

Caterham.jpg

hey guys,

has anyone done any conversions with this engine to fit any other cars besides corollas?

cheers

You can get a crate engine down to $6800 if you haggle here in Oz, but this does not include accessories like manifolds, alternator, ECU, etc.

hey guys,

cheers

You can get a crate engine down to $6800 if you haggle here in Oz, but this does not include accessories like manifolds, alternator, ECU, etc.

haha well have fun getting it to work without the ecu