Strut bar for 91 camry SV21 3SFE

catsgrave

Hi there,

I recent bought a used 91 camry SV21 3SFE in Melbourne

I was driving in the freeway and I noticed when i hit about 100 kms, the steering feels light. I am not sure about this but I heard that by putting a strut bar, the handling will be better.

1. Anybody know where I can find one in Melbourne? how much?

2. Does this work for improving handling?

3. What can I do to improve the handling of a 91 camry SV21 3SFE

thanks guys,

Guest JDM y0 !

strut brace hey. well as the name suggests they will brace and stiffen the body of the car. when a car is braced a lot (more than just a front brace) like braces in the guards, hatch etc and roll cated and stuff it will stiffen the body signifcantly and improve the way suspensions work and thus improve the feel of the car. hope that helps

edit. lol if steering is too light remove the power steering lolz jokes man seriously i do not reccomend it hahaa.

sorry to hijack your thread but how easy is it to bold in a 3sgte to a 3sfe powered camry ?

Edited by JDM y0 !

Hi there,

I recent bought a used 91 camry SV21 3SFE in Melbourne

I was driving in the freeway and I noticed when i hit about 100 kms, the steering feels light. I am not sure about this but I heard that by putting a strut bar, the handling will be better.

1. Anybody know where I can find one in Melbourne? how much?

2. Does this work for improving handling?

3. What can I do to improve the handling of a 91 camry SV21 3SFE

thanks guys,

I don't think a strut brace will assist with your problem. Are you stating the steering feels very light when cruising at 100km/h on the freeway - kind of feels like if you sneeze you'll end up 5 lines on the other side of the road? A front strut tower bar wont do anything for this (They help sharpen cornering/handling).

This has mostly to do with the over-assisted non speed sensitive power steering systems Toyota was using at the time. Not much you can do there. But the tyres you have also can have an effect. I found sometimes to counteract this, especially when towing something, varying the tyre pressures from the front to rear can assist to a small degree (Eg have 34psi at the fronts and 38 at the rears).