Changing Fuse and Warning

Hey Guys,

A question and a warning!

I've been using a dodgy car charger for my phone. On Saturday the thing broke. All fine and dandy except it took the CD player, A/C display and clock with it!

I'm sure it's just a fuse, but the problem is which one? I'm going to start with the Cig. lighter fuse, but the ^%$#$&^* problem is I can't get the bloody thing out! I've tried the white tweezer things and normal tweezers, and my finger nails and yelling at it and having an evil look competition with it but nothings worked.

I'm probably going to have to take it to a Toyota dealership to ask them to change the FUSE!!! (which is just waay too girly and embarrassing)! Unless anyone's got any ideas???

Thanks,

Jen

Edited by Jen

they should come out with the white fuse tweezer things!! did u try both sides of the tweezer cos each side is a different size!

otherwise organise a time to meet us canberra folk and we'll help out ok!!!

Thanks Micky. Tried the "other end of the white thing" but to no avail. Looks like I'll have to look like an idiot in front of the boys at toyota. I'll try again tomorrow, but I don't think I can go much longer without music! Thanks for your help though. I'll be at the next meet hopefully with a fully working sound system.

the fuse that you are looking for is behind the glove box ..

take the glove box off and look up .. you will see another fuse box there .. take the cover off and it will show exactly where the 12v fuse is ...

from memory in my car is was a blue colored fuse ... 5w ??? but dont quote me on that ... plyers should do the jobs easy !!

Edited by eggbert_99

Thanks guys,

I found the fuse no worries, it was getting out that was problematic, mainly cause I just don't own that many tools.....

BUT...

May the makers of thin tipped needle nose pliers from this point on live healthy and happy lives :clap: