Clarion Rear DVD System

Dave L

I tried doing a search but couldn't find anything,so please excuse me if there is already a thread about this.

Has anyone had the Clarion Rear DVD entertainment unit installed in their Kluger ?

If so, are you happy with the unit and have you experienced any problems/concerns ?

We are looking to purchase a KX-R soon and was quoted with a Clarion rear DVD unit.

Any advice or thoughts would be very much appreciated.

Cheers,

Dave

Don't have the Clarion but do have an Alpine which I'm very happy with. Check out the following post for pictures.

Not sure which clarion unit you're looking at, but remember the bigger the screen, the more it obscures your view through the rear view mirror.

Get some aftermarket prices for the clarion and other units (as well as other accessories) as it may work out cheaper than through the dealer.

Edited by Kesawi

Don't have the Clarion but do have an Alpine which I'm very happy with. Check out the following post for pictures.

Not sure which clarion unit you're looking at, but rememer the bigger the screen, the more it obscure your view through the rear view mirror.

Get some aftermarket prices for the clarion and other units (as well as other accessories) as it may work out cheaper than through the dealer.

Thanks Kesawi, your Alpine system looks great.

Do you happen to know if the wiring for the rear DVD system is already present in the roof, or does the installer need to run power etc. ?

Cheers,

Dave

Thanks Kesawi, your Alpine system looks great.

Do you happen to know if the wiring for the rear DVD system is already present in the roof, or does the installer need to run power etc. ?

Cheers,

Dave

Unfortunately I don't know what the installer had to do.

• 1 month later...

Looking at an overhead dvd screen to put into the KXR and it appears that the Alpine is the Ducks Nuts, but is priced accordingly....

Have just stumbled across this one from SoundStream.

post-15550-1253602540_thumb.jpg

Obviously Alpine is the more reputable brand, and I don't know much about the Soundtream outside of the specs on the following website.

Carsonline

Seems pretty good value at $899 + postage + installation??

It also has different skins that will probably suit the roof colour a bit better than the Alpine...

I am also considering headrest monitors also, but cannot find fabric headrest screens only leather...

What do you guys think??

Edited by KXRuising

I see the dimensions are given in cm as 6.35 (H) x 36.83 (W) x 31.75 (D), which I assume is in the collapsed position. I'd cut up a piece of card board to the rough size of the W & D dimensions, stick it in the down position on your roof, then jump in the drivers seat and have a look through the rear view mirror to see if the obstruction of view is acceptable.