Alpine PGK-RSE2 DVD Install

Dave L

I had our Alpine overhead DVD unit installed last Saturday and I've never heard the kids be so quiet in the car.

Not one word on the way home and almost had to pry them out of the car when we arrived home.

The unit looks great and works a treat (even with the copied DVD's - which are backups of the originals, so the kids don't scratch/ruin them).

The screen is quite bright with good colour and contrast and the wireless headphones are easy to operate and work very well.

Sound via the FM transmitter also works well, however most of the time the headphones will be used (I can't listen to Wiggles and Hi-5 for too long whilst driving) :)

Visibility through the rear-vision mirror (when the screen is down), is better than I thought it would be and although it does block the top 1/3rd or so of the view out the rear window it is certainly manageable.

I also like the slim design when closed and it is quite unobtrusive and doesn't stand out when standing outside the car looking in.

I will post up some photos of the unit when I get a chance.

All in all, we are very happy with the purchase and look forward to many (quiet) road trips over the Christmas holidays and beyond...

Welcome to the Alpine club :toast:

At least your kids are quiet when listening to the Wiggles & Hi-5. Mine sing along, so it's worse than listening to the music. We've made a rule of no musical dvds in the car.

This thread needs more pics! :)

Curious to see how it looks. We currently use a portable DVD which works quite well and is easily replaced when it breaks. Wondering whether a roof mounted one would be a better option?

This thread needs more pics! :)

Curious to see how it looks. We currently use a portable DVD which works quite well and is easily replaced when it breaks. Wondering whether a roof mounted one would be a better option?

No need for more pics as they've already been posted a long time ago. Check out this post.