Anyone had issue with Kappa Wheels?

Hi all,

New here, we have an 07 Corolla with 17" Kappa wheels on her. About to come out of warranty and notice that all wheels have a streaking corosion on the polished face of the wheel. It is in the direction of travel. So that means the streak starts from the leading face of the spoke. Funny thing is that the stealer blamed powre steering fluid spill and charged $180 to fix and change the fluid. I understand that this Corolla has electric steering? Am I correct???

Great site for all toyota models, also have a hilux.

Regards,

Cam

LOL @ the Stealer's reasoning, you are correct in saying the ZRE's have electric steering, it's surprising how many times the sales advisors at the service centers still upsell power steering flush's on them. One way to know is when you turn your reds on you will see a P/S light on your cluster.

Do not pay the $180, if THEY spilled power steering fluid on it(Highly unlikely to start off with, power steering fluid toyota uses is red, and its very noticeable), they should pay the repair cost. Believe me when I tell you the service centers try everything to get out of a warranty claim, I suggest speaking to the manager and causing a stir to get what you want.

Hi again,

Thanks for the reply Emzee, Just thought I would update you all on the outcome with the wheels. The dealer replaced 3 of the wheels early this week and I asked why only 3 they just said we did not look at all 4. So told them to go have a look and see. They came back and after being passed from the service chick to the service bloke to the service manager to the warranty manager (they passed me around not me kicking and screaming) they said it should have been replaced the same as the others and they would order one in and get us back in to replace it. Another half day off work. So all in all they have replaced all 4 kappa wheels in 3 visits.

I do not think the issue was at all to do with toyota but more so a totally incompetent dealer. Still needs to go back next week as they are waiting for a part for the rear seat that was broken at delivery and still has not been fixed even after 4 goes at it. Again an incompetent dealer is at fault.

But all in all a great car.

Thanks again for a top site.

Regards,

Cam