Tein Suspension - Any Ideas

pirate125

I live in Barbados and I own a Toyota Corolla Runx, ZZE123 chassis with the 2ZZ-GE engine, and I am seriously thinking of installing the following two(2) options of Tein suspension product:

Product # : DSY60-U1SS2

Description: Height Adjustable Suspension

Product # : DSY60-91SS3

Description: Height & Damper Adjustable Suspension

I however have two(2) questions which I would like answered:

1) Has anyone installed any of these products on their Sportivo's and were they any modifications that needed to be done due to any installation issues or were they a straight fit?

2) I have been able to source product # DSY60-U1SS2, however I am having difficulty locating a place on the Internet where I can purchase product # DSY60-91SS3 from and have it delivered to Miami, where from there, getting it to my location is no problem. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

I live in Barbados and I own a Toyota Corolla Runx, ZZE123 chassis with the 2ZZ-GE engine, and I am seriously thinking of installing the following two(2) options of Tein suspension product:

Product # : DSY60-U1SS2

Description: Height Adjustable Suspension

Product # : DSY60-91SS3

Description: Height & Damper Adjustable Suspension

I however have two(2) questions which I would like answered:

1) Has anyone installed any of these products on their Sportivo's and were they any modifications that needed to be done due to any installation issues or were they a straight fit?

2) I have been able to source product # DSY60-U1SS2, however I am having difficulty locating a place on the Internet where I can purchase product # DSY60-91SS3 from and have it delivered to Miami, where from there, getting it to my location is no problem. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Yo Pirate, another bajan here, hehe, check in the garage to see what some of the other members are using, might be able to compare specs on comparable suspension.

I havn't got these coilovers, but I have been looking into them.

The rear spring seat position is lower by 10mm for the zze123

Edited by SuperDave

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, just got my car back. Had Tein DSY60-U1SS2 fitted. Lowered the front by 45mm and the rear by 50mm. Looks nice with my 16s..hehe

Had a drive around with superdave riding shotgun. Its pretty good. Comfort wise, not too stiff. Damping is excellent. Cornering..well..way better than stock....very little body roll and the tyre seem to stay on the road very well. If front and rear sway are added, it would be perfect. But i'm a bit short on money now....haha....

But yea....its very nice....and I'm quite happy with it.....

Edited by Hsien

Ok, just got my car back. Had Tein DSY60-U1SS2 fitted. Lowered the front by 45mm and the rear by 50mm. Looks nice with my 16s..hehe

Had a drive around with superdave riding shotgun. Its pretty good. Comfort wise, not too stiff. Damping is excellent. Cornering..well..way better than stock....very little body roll and the tyre seem to stay on the road very well. If front and rear sway are added, it would be perfect. But i'm a bit short on money now....haha....

But yea....its very nice....and I'm quite happy with it.....

just like wat i said then :)

tein super wagon are ok. comfy. but ok. don't expect a race car feel. their spring and damper rates are pretty well matched. they feel more like a good traditional spring/damper upgrade.

But what do u mean race car feel? As in zero body roll?? or stiff ***** suspension that makes u feel that u just lost ur spine after driving the car..

when you went for a ride in my car, mine were set at 50% so imagine twice that hard, thats a "race feel"

ouch, pain..pain......thats real hard......not good for road at all.......perfect for track.....but....any bump...and it would be painful......

also guys if it helps you searching for parts. the USDM chassis codes are ZZE-131 for sedan and ZZE-133 for Hatch (Matrix) alot of members on 9thgencorolla.com and Matrixowners.com have the Tein SS Coilovers and they have nothing but good things to say. which is why I'm gettin them B)