how to remove the body long scratch?

Smiling

Hi guys,

The other day, I was keeping too left on the road, and got the cars body scratched by the trees growing by the road.

The scratch is not too deep, but it goes almost for a full length of the car :blink:

http://img846.images...64/forforum.jpg

If I use that scratch remover http://www.superchea...201#Description with that electric polisher/buffer http://www.ebay.com....m-/170752297378 - would I be able to remove it?

Any tips how not to make it any worse by polishing this scratch out?

Cheers.

Hi mate, I had similar problem on our territory,we only had the car for a month and my missus took out our letter box and left a nice big scratch up the side , the scratch wasnt that deep it only scratched the clear coat and scratched the door handles, so what I did is went and bought some tcut from repco and buffed the scratch out with a a soft polishing cloth, I kept turning cloth and made sure the cloth didnt get to dirty before changing it, you have to be carfull you dont cut through the paint so if the scratch isnt coming out after a while of rubbing its probadly wont come out, using a electric polisher will work , but be carefull unless you have had exsperience with using them, you can go through the paint , especially on corners and edges, so be very carefull if you decide to use a polisher, I it was me I take the car to a detailer and see if they can buff the scratch out, but give the tcut ago with the polishing cloth a go first and see how you go, there also might be other products that will work aswell, such as a fine cutting compound,also have a chat with a panel beater, they might know a good product that works well and might be able to advise you how to get the scratch out.

Hopefully mate this will help you a bit, cheers david

david, thanks mate! will try with to buff it out manually with a cloth first, as you suggested. i should have gone to repco to buy the polisher compound today, now have to wait till the weekend. cheers.