Some advice wanted

ccarmau

Well, sorry that my first post goes directly to bother all of you, although I guess that's the idea with this forum.

The main reason I join "ToyotaOwnersClub" was to find answers as I just got a Camry Altise 2003 from a very good friend, who had it crashed last November 2013.

I think I got a real bargain despite some people told me that repairing this car is going to end up a little bit expensive.

this car requires to change its dual airbags as the crash was critical on the passenger's side as can be seen in the attached photos.

I already asked for quotations for the front bumper and its front support bar

Regarding the dual airbags I've been googling and found a lot of valuable information on how to DIY

However I'd appreciate additional advice from this forum members who eventually would have dealt with similar situations

For example, I was told that the sensors (which for me look in perfect condition), require to be replaced

Additionally the Airbags Module Control require to be reset which can only be done by using a expensive reader or such

But maybe the most critical issue I'm facing is how to straighten the crushed passenger's side chassis beam as shown in the photos

I know common sense would say, "why not to take the car to the panel beaters?" - for which I must say, as I live on an island, I am hoping to fix it by myself unless that definitely I won't be able to find either the appropriate tools and /or other components.

Anyway, this is part of my story with my new "used" Camry Altise 2003

I will truly appreciate and thank all your considerate answers and help.

post-34596-0-86002500-1389143793_thumb.j

post-34596-0-52806800-1389143801_thumb.j

post-34596-0-85972400-1389143808_thumb.j

post-34596-0-11515300-1389143817_thumb.j