fujitsu ten radio

gizmobazz

my cars radio resets itself  when the car starts up .

it keeps its settings even whilst ignition is on.

only loses them when i start it up.

the battery seems very good and easily starts the car every time.

would it be possible for me to attach another wire to ignition on, on the radios ignition on wire.not coming from the keyed ignition switch ,as i think its losing its connection when the car starts up from the ignition key maybe losing its contact???

or maybe this is a common fault someone knows about

my car is a camry conquest 2000 model 4 cylinder auto. with a fujitsu ten cassette player and extra cd player also.

the codes on the radio are 121861-225

hope thats enough info for some help. cheers guys

First thing to check is whichever wire that provides memory has enough voltage, you may have a short or the radio is fried. See what it does with a multimeter attached. You can easily run another wire but just grab a headunit it will save a lot of hassle.

t5hink you might be right about that.

i tried putting another wire to ignition on and did nothing to stop the prob.

i also tried adding a capacitor as it drops voltage when it starts (no good either)

then i thought maybe its negative losing voltage (nup)

i checked all the other wires connecting to the back and a few are low voltage and when ignition fires up they drop in voltage too.

so i thought bugger this i will just wire it up directly to the battery .cant possibly lose any voltage this way.

it still drops out even when directly connected.

so its something to do with the start up that sends a signal too it to reset itself. as you watch it it just loses all power the moment the starter kicks over.

so i give up.

i have another head unit in the car it replaced so when i get a chance i will try it with that.

hopefully another head unit wont have the same problem if i dont use any of the existing wiring for the old unit.

If you bypassed the original constant on power wiring and its still the same then the radio itself is stuffed. You could use a computer PSU to confirm that on the fujitsu. Another option is eliminate wiring problems by running your radios acc to the cig lighter instead of original wiring and use your other wire straight to the battery for memory and see what it does.

theres approx six or 7 wires coming from the power plug section. the 2nd plug is the speaker wires.

2 of the wires ive checked are the ignition on and the constant 12 volts.

one of them i assume would be the electric antenna.

another possibly the earth wire.

i will have another go on the weekend and try to cut all the other wires off  to see if that fixes the prob.

the other wires i can only assume are the ones sending or disconnecting its security info .

cant hurt to try as its pretty easy to get it out to play around with it.

it bugs me when i cannot find a solution but i will continue to persist till all my options and thoughts have expired.:smile:

well i got around o cutting all the wires ,leaving only the 3 necessary ones.(no go)..

a new head unit  now resides in the old hole . i have now 2 cd players only the original one is disconnected and is just being used to fill the double din hole.

thanks for all your help and suggestions.