CVT noise in drive while Idle

Hi people,

I have  a 2014 toyota corolla hatch with 30000km on the clock.

I have noticed a varying noise while in drive and stationary. The noise is similar to belt/whistle noise and varies in pitch.

It manifest its self when you place the gear into drive while holding the brake down, switching into park, natural, reverse the noise is not present.

I have seen the head mechanic at toyota service and when presented with this issue he said he had not observed this issue before  and so I booked a week later for the service guys to look at this issue. Their response was this was normal and I asked to compare it to another car. They would not admit the difference is significant when compared to another corolla.

What should I do next?

Is there an independent assessor I can see?

I have been in touch with another dealership , who admits the only dearlership who can solve this issue is Waverley Toyota, they are the experts for all toyota transmissions, but the only catch is the threat of paying out of pocket fees if they work on it and deem it to be normal (even thought it is still under the factory warranty.) 

I also observed the noise yesterday in another Corolla ( same conditions idle in gear), I am now thinking its a design fault in the tranny for possible a batch of these cars and Toyota will never admit to that, (past experience).

• 11 months later...

Hi MM, I am also having the same problem here.

And to add disappointment, I have EXACTLY the same response from 2 Toyota Service Center as your's.

Just wondering, have you fixed your issue?