police vs corolla sportivo

Was driving yesterday afternoon and was stopped by a highway patrol. he insisted on examining my car and issued me with two defacts, "height not comply" and "exhaust not comply". Im happy to change the exhaust as its loud but im stumped on what im gonna do with the height as I have Koni's adjustables front and back, king springs and it sits so lovely. I also have to have it examed by "HVIS (Heavy vechile inspection station)" so I need to fix it legit. Is there anyway I can bump the height up a touch without removing the springs? I wish i had gone coilovers now!! grrr

Was driving yesterday afternoon and was stopped by a highway patrol. he insisted on examining my car and issued me with two defacts, "height not comply" and "exhaust not comply". Im happy to change the exhaust as its loud but im stumped on what im gonna do with the height as I have Koni's adjustables front and back, king springs and it sits so lovely. I also have to have it examed by "HVIS (Heavy vechile inspection station)" so I need to fix it legit. Is there anyway I can bump the height up a touch without removing the springs? I wish i had gone coilovers now!! grrr

nope, sounds like you have old springs that have sagged? cause low kings are only a 30-35mm drop and thats not enough to get a defect for ride height.

King lows and superlows should still be way above 10cm. Are you sure he measured it correctly? Did he measure to the chssis or the exhaust. Maybe get some larger rolling diameter wheels/tyres to give u a bit of a lift, (hope they dont notice).

Edited by VVTLiR

are they the standard lows or super lows?

sounds a bit wierd to be... but with coilovers, even on the highest setting, they are still damn low... :unsure:

What do I care, I've been riding stock for the last few weeks :P

King lows and superlows should still be way above 10cm. Are you sure he measured it correctly? Did he measure to the chssis or the exhaust. Maybe get some larger rolling diameter wheels/tyres to give u a bit of a lift, (hope they dont notice).

He used a wooden mallet, and slid it under the car.. meh i dunno I got 14 days to fix it...

sounds a bit wierd to be... but with coilovers, even on the highest setting, they are still damn low... :unsure:

Super Low's Front and back, I believe their the super lows for the standard corolla (50mm drop) and isnt the the corolla sportivo 25mm higher then the standard? therefore its roughly 75mm from stock? The top of my tyre is just flush with the guards? 17"

-silver 03 toyota corolla sportivo,50mm drop (king springs),Koni sports adjustables, whiteline strut brace, eyelids,stivo grille,TRD CAI with K&N pod filter,cannon,bright blue painted calipers,Alpine CDA-9853R/12" Alpine Type S, us-audio mono block amp,JVC CS-FS6 Splits,gtech,17" Lenso S7's

This from his profile :P.......guess the 50mm kings are sagging.......maby invest in some stiffer springs (ie eibach springs) or get king lows instead of super lows. And i doubt he will get bigger then 17" wheels just to gain height lol....prob look more like a cop target.

mate what about your exhaust!? Did they actually get a decibel reader to test the level of your exhaust or did they just slapp you with a fine becuase they thought that it was loud?? They need to measure the reading at the point of issuing a fine and if they feel as though you do not comply with the correct emissions level you will be off to the RTA/EPA bays for a proper going over! :(

your car needs to be raised to pass the test and the only way to do that is to get higher springs. use your original springs. if you do not have them anymore get a loan car or one from a friend and swap the suspension. your defects sound pretty common and not hard to pass. if you were in vic they generally try to get you for 3 defects therefore it becomes a major which costs you more money and time to clear. when they cannot find anything substantial they defect you for loose handbrake or not enough water in the wipers.

Edited by kcorro

your car needs to be raised to pass the test and the only way to do that is to get higher springs. use your original springs. if you do not have them anymore get a loan car or one from a friend and swap the suspension. your defects sound pretty common and not hard to pass. if you were in vic they generally try to get you for 3 defects therefore it becomes a major which costs you more money and time to clear. when they cannot find anything substantial they defect you for loose handbrake or not enough water in the wipers.

WTF?!...Defect for not enough water in wipers?!! :huh: <_< :angry:

He used a wooden mallet, and slid it under the car.. meh i dunno I got 14 days to fix it...

Super Low's Front and back, I believe their the super lows for the standard corolla (50mm drop) and isnt the the corolla sportivo 25mm higher then the standard? therefore its roughly 75mm from stock? The top of my tyre is just flush with the guards? 17"

If you have super lows front and back then my guess is that the front is lower than the back. And that may be where it is illegal(by their means of a test)

My car has lows on it and sits higher in the back than the front(@15mm) I had it measured by my suspension wholesalers to make sure so I'm guessing that with the super lows the front would prolly be lower than the back.

I'd borrow some rims from someone with taller tyre profile. 4 x 100 pcd is very common and should give you that bit more height. Other than that put the stock springs back in it. It only takes about 2 odd hours to do it if your not rushing.

they love defecting penrith people....thats all i can say! sorry to hear that :( ever since i got defected, i fixed everything and from now on everything i do i keep it legal....coz they come outta no where, n for anything!!!

mate what about your exhaust!? Did they actually get a decibel reader to test the level of your exhaust or did they just slapp you with a fine becuase they thought that it was loud?? They need to measure the reading at the point of issuing a fine and if they feel as though you do not comply with the correct emissions level you will be off to the RTA/EPA bays for a proper going over! :(

no decibel reader, but he did get me to rev it to 3000rpm and then asked me to back off, started writing up a ticket..