aaah what to buy

S15 for sure, alfas in my opinion are overrated cars, the liberty is ok, JDM integra 2nd definately.

So, S15! SR20DET is an engine lots of workshops etc have knowledge on, cheap mods, also it depends on how you drive it in melbourne as to not be one of the tosspots that drive them .

Without touching internals this thing should touch 320 at the wheels, a mate of a mate did this in a 180 and thats a 93 model. DO IT! s15!

Hey man,

Before i settled for stivo i was dead set on DC5R for 2 years straight.

S15 is the only Nissan i like out of the range but insurance on that thing was forget it...I could get a bike with the same insurance money!!

I chose the Stivo over the DC5R n VTEC loyalty because stivo offers so much more everyday livability then the DC5R and is pretty close to VTEC in its own right.

Mate, if u wanna get a sports car...u know u can't go budgety...it is inevitable! lolz

If u know ur gonna get one of those caliber cars, it can get more costly then ur existing stivo. I'm sure u know wat i mean bro.

Turbo cars are not an option for me yet...maybe later wen i'm over ^_^

If somehow it all works out better than owning the stivo, n u wanna stay with us 100% lolz then go the NA VTEC Screamer....lolz but if ur goin over to the F/I dark-side....S15 black, shadowed headlights n tails dumped with an agressive kit n boom....BATMOBILE!!! ^_^

Watever ur road...all the best man...n u better show ur new beast at our meets!!

spec black you had a good point with the ford xr6 turbos there dirt easy to upgrade and look ok but i think the b4 would be faster cause its lighter and has awd? even a mildly boosted rex im sure could beat a xr6 turbo? someone add some light to this?

Not sure on the figures of the B4 vs BA-T, but i have driven the BA-T and its awesome. not suprising though 4lt + turbo = fast

It depends on what your priorities are.

Why not make a list of the following- speed, looks (outside and inside)

cost of- parts-service-insurance, moding choices, interior apointments, cost of power gain etc.. Then put down the names of the cars you like the most and mark them with a score out of 5 for each catagory. Then go test drive the highest 2 scoring cars.

wulla! :D

Edited by RoLLing BLK

Hrmm tough choices.

I'd be inclined to say S15 or Teggy type r. If you're after some driving pleasure, a nice jdm s15 or DC2 teggy would both give it. Myself, i would probably have gone for the teggy but only a DC2 type r as they're the ones with an lsd, thin windscreen, minimal sound deadening etc (the dc2 is still the fastest 1/4 miler stock for stock against a dc5 type r or type s due to it's lightest weight of the 3 and lsd for launch).

Regarding the track oriented setup not good for daily driving...i guess it comes down to personal response but for me, i've had Tein type HA coilovers in my car for about 2 months now... The first two weeks i felt every little bump but now, i only notice biggish ones. My body/mind has somehow gotten used to the small dips and bumps and i just don't register them anymore.

I know for a fact that DC5R's come with LSD's as well as the DC2R, S15 off the top of my head also is factory equipped with an LSD correct me if i'm wrong.

DC5Rs also come with no sound deadening like the DC2R but the difference between the two now is the engine.

A modded DC5R will be faster than a modded DC2R hands down!

yep s15 has factory lsd.

s15 both spec S and spec R are 147 kw aus spec 184 kw jap spec R.

if you want a s15 get the one with no steering wheel airbag as when you want to drift or race changing the steering wheel will have a much more pleasant feel.

Also the jap spec models came with nifty aero kits and stuff so be on the look out for what you want.

I am actually concidering getting a s15.

(note: yaris will beat an s15 aus spec too 100km/h :toast: )

k20a has higher potential. however suspension wise. the dc2r's are hands down the clear winner.

the Australian version of the type R's did not come with thinner glass.

flaws: with dc2r's, always got to get the gearbox checked as sometimes gets stuck between 1st and 2nd (high reving) *common prob and everyone has it.*

prob liberty b4 GT is best choice id say if your gonna be green and have that little grunt there when you need it.

Edited by Mello