Removal of CAI

saintz01

hey guys.

just a quick question. for those who've got CAI systems installed in the car before taking it for the recall, was it a requirement by your respective dealers/service centres to have the CAI system removed and have the new factory air box installed?

the service centre I'm getting my car serviced and recall done mentioned that they would remove my CAI system cos of "ADR regulations", or something along the line. is this true? cos I heard that you guys over east managed to get the recall done without having to remove your CAI. if it is indeed a necessity and a must then I have no objections, but I really don't want to have my CAI system reinstalled again...troublesome... :(

no.

i guess it depends on if they want to be dickheads or not. technically, they by law have to comply with adr (number whatever - which is an external noise rule) and to do so the car has to leave the shop with the necessary modifications/recall work as per specification.

since the air box is no longer on the car. then they do not have to inter change the part on the car just on the air box. If they do crank the arguement (like my guys nearly did). then ask them to pay the labour cost to put it back on. They will soon change there tune