DOES ANYONE REMEMBER THE COMMERCIALS IM TALKING ABOUT?

JJCRU23R

gday...

its doing my head in coz i remember laughing at the commercials soooo much until 2 people called it racist and offensive.. and i really want 2 see it again. hopefully its in youtube!!?!?

it was the early 90s or maybe late 80s...

it was a commercial with maybe 3-4 old african american men sitting in lounge chairs wearing hawaiian tshirts in a grassy backyard..

1 old man was talking about the benefits of sunscreen.. how it increases the melanin in the skin to protect from sunburn...

then he goes ahead and puts the sunscreen on the lightest skin on his body - the soles of his feet.

then they all start laughing their asses off..??!!?!

Edited by JJCRU23R

found it!!!!

UV!

wfYQlscaESY

i remember that there were OTHER commercials with these guys in em. not just this 1...

can anyone else find em?!?? or remember what happened in them???

hahaha that's funny...

its not that racist... i mean it's like saying asian people have slanted (wateva the term is) eyes... or like saying arabs are hairy... or saying white people are sensative to the sun

it's a physical characteristic not a slur

still funny

i dont believe its racist at all.. ive replayed it bout 15 times 2night :P

its funny az!!!

but im not white - so i cant say "as a white man i believe its not racist".

you can argue either way really..

all you see is black people laughing at the fact that the guy is putting sunscreen on.. when he knows he would never need 2 use it.

but maybe if i was white and saw that id probebly think ... hey are they making fun of me?

in any case, you guys have probebly seen the cornetto adz with the teppanyaki chef chopping up the cornetto with knives n flinging them into peoples mouths.. and kantong commercials making fun of asians and the iron chef n stuff...

dont think thats racist since theyve got real asians reinforcing the stereotypes. (both main charactors were played by vietnamese aussie comedians in those commercials btw )

racial stereotypes are everywhere...

but i can laugh without taking any offence.

I think people need to harden up and chill out. There are too many bleeding hearts out there.

I think people need to harden up and chill out. There are too many bleeding hearts out there.

Exactly!

Heck, I stirred up some idiot on another forum when I wished a terminal illness on Gretel Kileen. I mean, come on, where's the black humour gone these days?

Exactly!

Heck, I stirred up some idiot on another forum when I wished a terminal illness on Gretel Kileen.

hahaha where did you say this?

in any case, you guys have probebly seen the cornetto adz with the teppanyaki chef chopping up the cornetto with knives n flinging them into peoples mouths.. and kantong commercials making fun of asians and the iron chef n stuff...

NO BOOORING BITS lol... that guy he's a comedian i think funny lil s***

i guess commercials only get racicst when they start showing burning crosses or maybe if they show Pauline Hanson... hahahaha

I wonder... would Pauline Hanson eva support Multicultural Day??? lol

Exactly!

Heck, I stirred up some idiot on another forum when I wished a terminal illness on Gretel Kileen.

hahaha where did you say this?

Another car forum. The moderators are egotistical, arrogant ****wipes. I'm so glad we have our moderating team. They're relativley quiet and do the job, whereas these other knobs are just over opinionated and trigger happy.

Tocau mods ftw.

NO BOOORING BITS lol... that guy he's a comedian i think funny lil s***

i guess commercials only get racicst when they start showing burning crosses or maybe if they show Pauline Hanson... hahahaha

I wonder... would Pauline Hanson eva support Multicultural Day??? lol

of course she would!

shell support all cultures as long as their white :P

hehe jkz no thats just bad. totally baseless statement. ANYHOWW...

i told my brother bout the UV commercial and he remembered the punchline from 1 of the other ads with these guyz...

cant remember most of the other commercial except 4 the punchline

"..so mother nature.. must be black!?!.. MUAHAHAHAHAHA"

they were also talking bout the skin on their hands... and i specifically remember the word MELANIN in the commercialz?!?

would be good 2 find those other commercials again..

talking cows?

cant remember that 1...

hand break turns? like gtis do? that kinda requires rear wheel drive kinda like drifting isnt it? thought rollas cant do that coz its front wheel drive... ima take a search 4 it though u making me curious

Edited by JJCRU23R

Yes it featured a Corolla Hatch, Sedan and Wagon driving rather swiftly on Country roads, all doing a very nicely executed hand brake 180 degree turn and then all heading back to each other at a cross roads braking in time to avoid two talking cows in the middle of the cross roads who can't believe these cars are Corollas.

It was the original Corolla by name not by nature theme and was canned because it was deemed to be promoting reckless driving.

It was then replaced by the ones such as the dude in a suit picking up the bosses daughter and a chick making her b!tchy friends jealous because she has a Corolla.