dash light

pujo

hello guys, its me again. i wanna change the colour of the dash light into blue so i bought these silicone globe sleeves from autobarn. where is the actual globe? is it inside the dash or under? sorry, i'm a noob when it comes to these stuff. thanks

pj

on MY camry... i did the exact same thing... but the bulbs r BEHIND the guage console... so yea u'r gonna have to open up u'r whole dash... i did it ghetto style without removing the steering wheel... i dunno about your car but it might be a good idea to remove u'r wheel first (unless u got an airbag)

on MY camry... i did the exact same thing... but the bulbs r BEHIND the guage console... so yea u'r gonna have to open up u'r whole dash... i did it ghetto style without removing the steering wheel... i dunno about your car but it might be a good idea to remove u'r wheel first (unless u got an airbag)

thanks dude, yeah i've got an airbag so i can't get the steering wheel out. i tried removing the screw on the top but it just kept spinning. i think its a different kind of screw.

i guess that limits the help i can give u... u'll need to ask sum1 with a ZZ

:(

thanks anyway bro, i got the screw out, now i just need to know how i can get access to the bulbs. i dismantle the whole thing out already but i can't find the bulbs. i'm too scared to touch the needles they might break :(. hmmm

• 2 weeks later...

Found 'em :) I have a full pack (they comes in 5's) of blue sleeves to fit T-10mm globes and a pack with 2/5 left over to fit T-5mm globes which I think are the ones you're after because they're small.

Narva are the manufacturer and the packaging looks like this.

Driv008.jpg

Here's a link to the globe sleeves on the Narva website

The ones to suit T-5mm globes were a bit too big in terms of diameter so to fasten one to the little ciggarette socket bulb I had to firstly trim it then use a little dab of PVA glue... It worked and hasn't burned as yet.

I used to use the T-10mm sleeves on my parkers and you get mad AQUA coloured parkers because the bulbs are rated 10W and the sleeves are only meant to go on ones up to 5W. Also you can take them out in 5 secs.

I got all these from Repco and they're <$3 per pack from memory

Edited by Tayles