Gold Badging....

MR22ZZ

One thing turning me off getting a set of gold rims is that it would look wierd with silver badging, has anyone tryed painting the badges gold, or can a gold set be purchased (I think the hardest to find would be gold Sportivo badges)

Speaking of badges, the first ever corolla sportivo I saw was in a shopping centre (they had it as some sort of prize for something) and it had the sportivo badge on the back under the word Corolla as well as on the sides. Did anyones come standard like that because mine didnt and my dealer had no idea what I was talking about :huh:

No Sportivo has the word "Sportivo" on the rear, unless it was added like mine has been

Mine has it under the Corolla badge on the rear, except that its not bright chrome, its got a satin chrome border & black paint finish. There is also a red one which I have & I might actually change that over.

These types of badges appear on the new facelifted Camry Sportivo, in dealerships now.

In answer to the thread question:

If you really want to do it the proper way:

Contact a company in Melbourne called Precision Plating, they do gold plating. The process is they strip back the original chrome layer (its actually 3 layers of copper, nickel & chrome), then plate the emblems/badges (gold), then put a clear coat for a finish.

Going through the correct process will avoid having any adhesion issues down the track.

Precison Plating Melbourne, if I'm not mistaken, do the gold plating for locally-manufactured vehicles.

What you may need to pay for is a specially designed rack(s) that hold the sportivo badges & Toyota emblem while they go through the plating process. It will be that cost plus the cost of plating & any deliveries...may get a bit expensive but it will be worth the end result, the gold plating would like rather sick, especially if your car is ink black or cascade blue.

well... pk i did have sportivo at the back before you. :P but anyways back to the point..

yeah front and back badges gold..... due to the fact i have gold rims and looks alot better. I just bought camary black badges from toyota around $27. Had some gold spary paint left over.. and sprayed em gold. Simple

well... pk i did have sportivo at the back before you. :P but anyways back to the point..

yeah front and back badges gold..... due to the fact i have gold rims and looks alot better. I just bought camary black badges from toyota around $27. Had some gold spary paint left over.. and sprayed em gold. Simple

too easy mate

thanks for the tip