Modding old school wagon

Hi boys and girls, i've got a nissan but have been a fan of old school corolla wagons for a fair while now. A friend is letting me have his one (it's about a 1980) for $300. A steal in my books. I haven't had much to do with modding cars, but i'm interested on your thoughts about this one. I don't know a great deal about changing engines etc, but i'm interested in doing that down the track. At the moment i'm looking at getting new wheels, lowered, fix up the interior (don't know how to go about this, any ideas?), paint job etc. I'm after some advice from people that have done similar, and a breakdown of price for all the possibilities. I don't have a heap of cash, but i'm looking at it as a long term project. Any help much appreciated for this newby :) The car itself is not in great nick. Will post some pics when i pick her up, it's similar to the one in the photo (THIS IS NOT IT, but definately not looking that good)

post-4380-1180915674_thumb.jpg

Hi boys and girls, i've got a nissan but have been a fan of old school corolla wagons for a fair while now. A friend is letting me have his one (it's about a 1980) for $300. A steal in my books. I haven't had much to do with modding cars, but i'm interested on your thoughts about this one. I don't know a great deal about changing engines etc, but i'm interested in doing that down the track. At the moment i'm looking at getting new wheels, lowered, fix up the interior (don't know how to go about this, any ideas?), paint job etc. I'm after some advice from people that have done similar, and a breakdown of price for all the possibilities. I don't have a heap of cash, but i'm looking at it as a long term project. Any help much appreciated for this newby :) The car itself is not in great nick. Will post some pics when i pick her up, it's similar to the one in the photo (THIS IS NOT IT, but definately not looking that good)

I thought you'd come on here. Welcome to our domain sir.

Now it is time for you to play the guessing game and guess who I am...

oooook, in desperate need of a hint.

also, anyone modded these wagons?

Hint:

"What does my Sportivo have that other Corolla's don't? It's also a softdrink."

You may also like to try the guys at rollaclub.org

Hint:

lift.jpg:spiteful::spiteful::spiteful:

Hint:

lift.jpg:spiteful::spiteful::spiteful:

:whistling:

Rollaclub will be your friend, they've got a lot more background in the earlier K-series Corollas than this lot (who mostly concentrate on the ZZ-series)

http://www.rollaclub.com

I'm on there too (I've got a 1981 KE55), and have a bit of knowledge about most of the KEs, so if you need any help, give me a yell

does that make him uber-uber?

Indeed it makes him uber-uber. He has displayed the true TOCAU spirit by helping an outsider.

We must all band together, Toyota, Honda, Nissan etc. The real enemy is out there (The Liberal Party).

4AGE Conversion ftw!

Oh and pm rollamods too pul58. He digs the old school shiznit.

haha, got you lift

that rollaclub looks pretty cool for old school corollas, i'll be sure to check it out. i'm getting excited and want to pick up this car asap lol

does that make him uber-uber?

Indeed it makes him uber-uber. He has displayed the true TOCAU spirit by helping an outsider.

We must all band together, Toyota, Honda, Nissan etc. The real enemy is out there (The Liberal Party).

4AGE Conversion ftw!

Oh and pm rollamods too pul58. He digs the old school shiznit.

Rolla club is good, but toymods is better :P you will also find plenty of cars like yours on this site, and a ****load of info.. Generally, ask a question on there about anything, and you're gauranteed some sort of answer within a few hours most days

TOYMODS!!!