First gear and Reverse

Hey, im just wondering what you guys think about our first gear and the reverse gear position. IMO, i like the reverse gear where the 6th gear is, like next to the 6th. It just makes it that much easier and quicker once doing a 3 point turn and ur trying to do it quick. Sometimes once i do a 3 point turn it just gets annoying, getting into the wrong gear n all. but yeah...just wondering wat are some of ur thoughts..?

if this topic has been covered, then im sorry =/ tried to do a search and yeah...

Thanks guys.

this is the reason there is a beeper for when you are in reverse.

I know I've accidently slotted 1st when I wanted reverse and vice versa.

Driving the MR2 I have also slotted the Stivo into 6th a couple of times hoping for reverse... :unsure:

i hate it, sure theres only 3 other ways it can go but still, with my dad supra it has like a handle u have to pull up so if u dont pull it up u cant even force it into reverse. but when im rushing i sometime put it into reverse if it wasnt for the sound i would have had no bumper left lol

with my dad supra it has like a handle u have to pull up so if u dont pull it up u cant even force it into reverse

Yeah my Dad's Evo 9 has a similar thing. There's a little piece just under the gearknob that you have to pull upward with your fingers while you shift it into reverse

with my dad supra it has like a handle u have to pull up so if u dont pull it up u cant even force it into reverse

There's a little piece just under the gearknob that you have to pull upward with your fingers while you shift it into reverse

same sytem, i like that system :D :toast:

if you change into reverse real slow, you notice that the gear lever falls down slightly....

i personally love the reverse position, makes getting from first to reverse and vice versa simple in my opinion... but im used to it... how long u had the car?

but im used to it... how long u had the car?

not sure if the questions is directed at me but yer..... if so: about a month now im used to it dont get me wrong and the position i love, like u said from reverse to 1st and back its just theres no lock like the supra or evo thats all.

oh mee? ive had the car since last september?

yeah!! that system where u pull this leaver in order to get into reverse is madd...

but yeah...its so annoying at times mann...im guesin the only way to change this shyt is to get a new gearbox or something..?