Winton Sprints Series Round 3

Hi everyone,

Round 3 of the Winton Motor Raceway BP Midland/Pedders No Bull Sprint Series will be held on July 1st. This is the 3rd round of the 5 round series. For anyone who has never competed in one of these events before it is basically an entry level into motorsport. There are very basic requirements for your vehicles and the whilst you will be competing for trophies it is aimed at having a bit of fun. If you have tried the Fun Day and enjoyed it, then this is the next step. The cost is $90 if you pre-enter or $100 on the day, which is extremely CHEAP!! You will need a AASA Club Licence or higher which is $50 for 12 months if you dont already have one. The entry forms and regulations can be downloaded from HERE

The Classes are more than reasonable and are as follows:

1A Road Registerable Under 2 Litre

1B Road Registerable Over 2 Litre

2 Improved Production (eg. WRX, XR6, Skylines)

3A Modified Under 2 Litre

3B Modified Over 2 Litre

Racing - Racing Cars (any car with slick tyres)

Ladies - All Ladies

Juniors - Between 16-18 years of age

Also if you want to get your setup right for the Sprints there is a special Test & Tune day on Saturday 30th June. So you can come up on Saturday, test your car get the setup right and be ready for Sunday.

I hope to see you all there, I will be competing in the Purple and Yellow EA Falcon, number 60. Come and say hello if you are about.

Cheers

Adam

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Round 3 of the Winton Motor Raceway BP Midland/Pedders No Bull Sprint Series will be held on July 1st. This is the 3rd round of the 5 round series. For anyone who has never competed in one of these events before it is basically an entry level into motorsport. There are very basic requirements for your vehicles and the whilst you will be competing for trophies it is aimed at having a bit of fun. If you have tried the Fun Day and enjoyed it, then this is the next step. The cost is $90 if you pre-enter or $100 on the day, which is extremely CHEAP!! You will need a AASA Club Licence or higher which is $50 for 12 months if you dont already have one. The entry forms and regulations can be downloaded from HERE

The Classes are more than reasonable and are as follows:

1A Road Registerable Under 2 Litre

1B Road Registerable Over 2 Litre

2 Improved Production (eg. WRX, XR6, Skylines)

3A Modified Under 2 Litre

3B Modified Over 2 Litre

Ladies - All Ladies

Juniors - Between 16-18 years of age

Also if you want to get your setup right for the Sprints there is a special Test & Tune day on Saturday 30th June. So you can come up on Saturday, test your car get the setup right and be ready for Sunday.

I hope to see you all there, I will be competing in the Purple and Yellow EA Falcon, number 60. Come and say hello if you are about.

Cheers

Adam

Are full slicks allowed or will i have to use semi slicks? And if i do use full slicks will i have to race in a different class?

Hi everyone,

...if i do use full slicks will i have to race in a different class?

So wish I could go to another track, Lakeside can't re-open soon enough.

I will answer on Adam's behalf, normally anything with racing tyres on it is put into racing, but there have been exceptions, talk to the people checking the car on the day

Nope, there are no exceptions, RACING TYRES = RACING CLASS a

Semi Slick tyres can be used in just about any class, but full slicks cannot. Also for safety reasons you should really only be running full slicks if you have a roll cage and your car is setup to use them correctly.