closed

Sorry if i dont say it someone else will.

1. Wrong Section

2. Please read by and sell rules.

Hi ATOC Crew,

It has come to the attention of many that there are some people who are signing up to the forum simply to sell their goods and provide little to no value from a contribution perspective to the forum community. This forum is NOT the trading post.

It has been highlighted to us by the community of ATOC that this is not appreciated and the moderators have been discussing it for a while now and have concluded to now do something about it.

I will be managing the buy & sell section. Now as i dont live and breath on the forum every minute if people think that a thread breaches or breaks any of the below rules please PM me (Click here to PM me) and i will investigate.

The rules are simply:

1) You must not be a trader or a business which is going to make money from the sale if you want to trade its simple. Speak to Steve the forum admin and send him a pm and you can come to some sponsorship arrangement. (Send Steve a PM)

2) If you are a new member you must have atleast 30 posts to your name which are of value to the community as well as being a member for more then 2 months. You might ask well how do you measure this ? Its simple. You've answered questions, you've contributed to discussions etc this is NOT and you do NOT qualify if all your posts are in the buy & sell area or if all you do is post in the spam based threads (e.g. picture numbers, Word association etc). How will we govern this ? Again simple there are now over 2000 members on the forum im sure if we mods miss it one of them will be diligent enough to send me a pm. As it is the community of members who are asking for this governance. I should also note this includes linking to items being sold on other sites (e.g. other forums etc) or linking to auction sites (e.g. ebay, yahoo auctions etc).

3) Silver members who ARE NOT traders are allowed to sell items straight away with no restrictions. Support the club and it will support you.

If anyone thinks this is harsh or isnt fair then go right ahead and give the trading post a call im sure they would be happy to take your money to advertise your goods.

The community has spoken and the mods have heard and are now acting upon your request.

cheers

Bill