TRD Supercharger

Hey mate. It was good to see it at the meet last week, and saw it in action too, not bad at all :D

So how much did the whole s/c project set you back? as im v.keen on getting it done myself :whistling:

Will it work better with a CAI?

the whole project..

TRD SUPERCHARGER + UNICHIP + 5th INJECTOR CONTROLLER. 3000

INSTALL AND TUNE 920

INSTALL SUPERCHARGER 400

Intake + Filter 80

---

the car goes really well after it was tuned. there is no more bog until 3k rpm... instant power and torque.. its amazing... its really easy to drive.

---

If you are trying to source a trd supercharger, its gonna be very tough getting one here... When u do source one out. its going to be 2nd hand.

---

I did think about replacing the 5th injector with the aquamist unit. Problem. i dun want to keep topping of the resvoir with water and methanol also i would have to get bigger injectors. Exhaust system.. i would like to get a more free flowing exhaust atm.. but choosing the right one is hard.. there are times i want noise but most of the time i like it quiet. im waiting for the xforce varex oval muffler. if it looks similar to the SPortivo can .. then yea.. i will get that. i think with a more free flowing system i could get about 115-120kw with a service as the oil is pitch black.

---

Getting a CAI.... im not sure i want a CAI atm...

---

The tranny is coping fine atm i think... there is a bit more noise from the tranny. u can feel some vibrations due to the extra power and torque its gotta put up with it.

---

Fuel consumption.. im able to reach to the 400km mark now with some light driving. when im booting it hardcore. i get about 150-250.

---

does the stock 1ZZ auto use a trans cooler?

If not, I'd be putting one in ASAP before you burn out the transmission, check the fluid colour, it should be cherry red, if it's brownish, it's burning.

it's cheap insurance, there should be a U-pipe on the forward face of the trans where you plumb the cooler, that's where it is on other corolla A series auto's

MAP81 should push more considering the work done to it but alas not the result expected by others or wanted by PP :unsure:

:rolleyes: "consdering the work done " :lol: yeah so much work went into my old car, a CAI and a catback exhaust with a mildly tuned emanage :lol: I didnt even have extractors (yet I still won the highest 1ZZ at the CES dyno day Remember ;) )

Considering it went from a fresh (basically brand new stock car) of 71kw atw to a 4 year 100000km old car with 90.5kw atw I think both Jason and myself were quite happy with the results of True DIY'ing :lol:

Anyway Back to the topic at hand.... Great work DuGong, Glad to see you got the wiring sorted out :)