Sportivo or Type R

Simple.... if your going to come to a Toyota forum to ask for opinions in this type of argument, then the Toyota fans are going to barrack for the Sportivo everytime.

Those hanging around here (WITH COROLLA'S) that are going to bat for the Honda, in my opinion should shut their mouths and get lost. Nothing like a hypocrit talking up the ITR when they drive a Corolla.....if you like them so much, then **** off and buy one.....

As mentioned in the last thread, to which this is an exact replica of, they are 2 totally different cars for 2 totally different markets....

I am really sick and tired of people trying to compare these 2 totally different cars... You wanna compare a Sportivo to something, try the Mazda 3 MPS, Ford XR5 and Holden Astra Turbo as these are the vehicles in the same class. Is there a 4 door Civic with VTi? If so, then this would be a more suitable comparison.

Also, if your brother is selling you his Sportivo for $30k, then he has bent you over and offered you a stiff one cause unless it has some serious mods, it aint worth it... SB's is going for $23,500 and that is a good indicator of what a Sportivo is worth.

I wish mods would shut this thread down and all others like it cause they are silly, pointless and waste bandwidth....

i was in the same situation, I WAS a P plater, wanted a newish N/A car, straigh away thought DC2R or DC5R, Insurance on both were ridiculously high, so were the KM's on the odometer.

I hadnt driven either a integra or a sportivo but i compared them both, Looked at the KM's on both cars overall, pro's and con's, i carry passangers so i need 4 door, got climate control, leather.

Go the sportivo, i did

man! if i have 30grand! i dont even have to think about it, get the teggy type s! its faster than the 'fake R' or if u dont mind higher km look hard and u could find an s2k or or theres a civic type R for sale in melb!! and only 22000 bucks, 39000km!!

DC5R is still better than type S as it has LSD plus the Recaros which score you rice points haha.

Overall I love my sportivo still, its so much more practical with the 4 doors and creature comforts for daily driving, which it does the majority of the time.