piston + cams

I don't any of the above items, but my research has led me to believe that since the TRD pistons are lighter than the stock ones and work well in the top end they should go well with the Stage 2 cams. However you will require a fairly high octane fuel to run 13:1. You can buy Mahle pistons in 12.3:1 which don't require the block to be sleeved like the Wiseco pistons do.

I don't any of the above items, but my research has led me to believe that since the TRD pistons are lighter than the stock ones and work well in the top end they should go well with the Stage 2 cams. However you will require a fairly high octane fuel to run 13:1. You can buy Mahle pistons in 12.3:1 which don't require the block to be sleeved like the Wiseco pistons do.

How high is high

• 2 weeks later...
I wonder if its possible to make run safely on 98octane.

I meant, the Prius runs on 13:1 comp ratio

But the Prius (and most hybrids) run Atkinson Cycle, which actually leaves the intake valve open for part of the compression cycle, thus lowering the actual compression ratio. The physical compression ratio (ie comparison of volumes between BDC and TDC) is indeed around 13:1, but effective compression ratio is much lower, around 9 or 10:1 if I remember correctly, thus allowing it to run on standard pump premium

Edited by Hiro Protagonist

its ALL in the tuning!

98/100 RON fuel wil be fine for CR above 12.5:1 provided u have a really good tune ;)

alot of the all motor hondas are running high comp engines (12/13:1) but only use pump fuel, than again they are very well tuned

its ALL in the tuning!

98/100 RON fuel wil be fine for CR above 12.5:1 provided u have a really good tune ;)

alot of the all motor hondas are running high comp engines (12/13:1) but only use pump fuel, than again they are very well tuned

DYNODAVE is the reason for the above cars :spiteful: :spiteful: :spiteful: