2006 Torago GLi Problem

Antony

I own a Tayota Tarago 2006 GLi and use it for commercial purpose and its done 80K. Since last month, the car stops abruptly while driving, once in a day and two to three times a weeks, after it has done 200 to 250 km for the day and the problem happens in the afternoon between 2PM to 3PM. After 15 to 30 mts stop, its starts again and gets going without any problem. The outside temperature of the area it runs is abt 32C. The problem doesn’t happen during night shift even though the shift km is more than the day shift. I took the car to dealer two times last week and they checked the computer, fuel bump and said everything is ok and couldn't identify the problem. The car is still under warranty. I'm struck here; I don't know what to do. Could any one have any idea what could be the problem is and what the responsibilities of the dealer are?

Thanks,

• 2 weeks later...

Check your fuse box when it shuts down. You may have a loose connection somewhere in the loom that causes overheating in a relay(excessive switching) which in taragos tend to be next to the ignition relay and thermal circuit breakers. Touch the relay's if any are super hot check back down through the devices on that relay.

What engine is in it?