Toyota Allex RS180 Coolant, Oil, Lift.

Hi Guys

Car: Allex RS180 - Sportivo/Runx JDM equivalant - 2ZZGE; ZZE123 tiptronic.

I have searched through and am not able to find specifically what I'm looking for so I thought I post a new topic. I have just done the service on Allex which appeared to not need to be serviced. I went off instruction from the dealership which recommended service at 30000kms. I now am sure taht this was just a guesstimate from them as both oil and coolant appeared to be newish. I also discovered that I had a TRD Panel Air filter which didn't seem all that dirty.

Regardless once the oil was drained I filled it up with Valvoline DuraBlend 10W40 and drained out the radiator and coolant reserve. I replaced it with Green stuff at a ration of 2.2L coolant to 2.2L water. I then realised that this was incorrect coz the heat guage went passed half way. I then went out and bought some Nulon Long Life Red Coolant and mixed it at a ration of 3.25L Coolant to 3.25L Water. Upon doing this though I realised that there was probably more coolant that water as I did not actually fill the whole 3.25L of water coz the radiator started over flowing. I did on both occasions drain fluid with the heater and fan on full blast. So now I have my 2ZZGE running reasonably ok but have noticed that lift is not engaging all that much as it used to in 2nd gear. Bear in mind its tiptronic so I am doing 115-120Kms by the time lift is supposed to kick in.

1) Am I correct in thinking that I have been misinformed twice that the radiator is a)4.4L and B)6.5L?

2) Am I correct in thinking that lift is not engaging as the coolant is not at optimum temperate because there is too much coolant?

3) Any suggesstions on what to do?

I am at my wits end am thinking that I should have just not serviced the car until 37000kms some odd. Also I have checked the oil level and it is 100% spot on as I filled the recommended 4.6L.

the best thing you can do is drain out all the coolant again, completely fill the system with plain water and idle the engine until the thermostat opens.

Then drain it all out again, flush again with pure water, then add a premixed Toyota Long Life Coolant.

Dont try and fill the system with a specific amount, you wont know how much residual is left in the heater core. Just fill the system until it's full.

You can use a cut off soft-drink bottle or similar jammed into the filler neck with the overflow bottle line clamped to fill it.

Jack the front of the car up so the radiator filler is the highest point, then fill with Toyota coolant until the level is an inch or two above the filler neck. Start the engine with the car still jacked up and funnel in place, and add more coolant until the level stays consistent. Then let the car idle and squeeze the radiator hoses to force the air out of the system.

Takes a while but it does get all the air out of the system.

The toyota coolant is about the best you can get. Dont risk your engine with the other garbage.

Thanks for that:

Just to clarify:

1) The Thermostat is open when the fan comes on?

2) The current situation would be impacting the lift (not working in 2nd gear)

3) What do you reckon about the oil?

Cheers in advance.

1. Yes

2. Most likely caused by an air pocket, coolant type wont effect the reading.

3. oil sounds fine but could be a little on the heavy side depending on the health of your engine.