Your kind help solicited

s0nic

I am experiencing a problem on my Corolla 2003 TSport

Normal starting procedure sees the ABS TRC and VSC lights on for the normal 3 seconds then off.....However, after driving for a while, they light (all three) up. This does not happen after any particular event, say heavy breaking or heavy cornedring.... Has anyone experienced this ?

ABS works until the lights come on... same applies to TRC ....so does VSC it seems......

The repair manuals hints at either a range of problems ranging from the numerous ABS / TRC / VSC supporting sensors and or systems to simply a steering wheel / wheels misalignment after battery disconnection. These 3 sub-systems share a number of supporting elements and frequently have direct / undirect effects on each other.

Any one experienced similar issues ?

Thanks!

If you take the car to a toyota dealer with a scan tool they will be able to tell you exactly what sensor is causing the problem. My guess is one of the vehicle speed sensors in the front hubs as all three systems rely on the VSS to function.

If you take the car to a toyota dealer with a scan tool they will be able to tell you exactly what sensor is causing the problem. My guess is one of the vehicle speed sensors in the front hubs as all three systems rely on the VSS to function.

Thanks for your reply..I actually used a scan tool myself (generic OBD II) and there are no errors listed ...indeed however, the speed sensors can be a potential problem source.

thanks again!

kindest regards.

godwin

on the subject of the ABS+VSC+TRC lights coming on...done quite some extensive testing today and yesterday, slow braking, heavy braking, downhill, uphill etc. etc...i got the error twice but still cannot replicate at will although i reckon it *may* be occuring where braking is applied and engine is in gear and there is a road dislevel of sorts.....amplified by a recent change to 215x17x45 alloys/tires...

i do not think there is a fault yet (although still possible).....i hope i can replicate the problem cos its driving me nuts...

thanks...any suggestions more than welcome...

I would take the car to Toyota to get it checked out. I figure safety first, it cant hurt to at least get them to look at it, and get a quote for repairs. If you car is still under warranty they should do it for free! (If you got a 5 or so year warranty). And if it is just a wire or something, they might be generous and quickly just fix it anyway.

I would take the car to Toyota to get it checked out. I figure safety first, it cant hurt to at least get them to look at it, and get a quote for repairs. If you car is still under warranty they should do it for free! (If you got a 5 or so year warranty). And if it is just a wire or something, they might be generous and quickly just fix it anyway.

thanks for your reply...i am actually considering this although i normally try to fix things myself...but it seems that on this occasion I may well have to resort taking the TS to mr T...I am not too happy about this because I cannot stay with the car and frankly i am slightly concerned about how they treat her..