Crushed porsche

CORZZA

DUDE !!!!!!! WTF was that all about ????????? so they made a Porsche into a pancake and the windscreen looked like it held up pretty well compared to the other windows .... BUT STILL .... i could have told them that ..... can anyone understand what they were trying to prove ?????

Theres this thing called the visual arts conceptual framework, which basically consists of the following:

ARTWORK, ARTIST, AUDIENCE, WORLD.

each of them are related to the others.

without going into too much detail into explaining this stuff...

basically the artist wants the viewer to question what is valuable and what is not.

the artist creating this (artwork)performance/video/sculpture, wants you (the audience) to get the kind of reaction you are expressing right now.

you are thinking it is a huge waste because society (the world) is telling you that is a waste.

so i guess the artists work is done :P

if some african tribesman whod never seen a car before saw the crushed car, he probebly wouldnt care less.

in the end it is just a material luxury. how important is that kind of stuff? supposed to make you think bout all that crap which is why its CONCEPTUAL art. kinda like paintings that are just blobs of colour.. its not the artwork thats important, its the concept behind the artwork which makes it worth something.

Edited by JJCRU23R

Theres this thing called the visual arts conceptual framework, which basically consists of the following:

basically the artist wants the viewer to question what is valuable and what is not.

the artist creating this (artwork)performance/video/sculpture, wants you (the audience) to get the kind of reaction you are expressing right now.

you are thinking it is a huge waste because society (the world) is telling you that is a waste.

if some african tribesman whod never seen a car before saw the crushed car, he probebly wouldnt care less.

in the end it is just a material luxury. how important is that kind of stuff? supposed to make you think bout all that crap which is why its CONCEPTUAL art. kinda like paintings that are just blobs of colour.. its not the artwork thats important, its the concept behind the artwork which makes it worth something.

or, on the flip side, it could just p1ss a whole bunch of ppl off because most of us can't afford what he just crushed. Sacrilege! Sacrilige I tell ya! :angry: :o :(

or, on the flip side, it could just p1ss a whole bunch of ppl off because most of us can't afford what he just crushed. Sacrilege! Sacrilige I tell ya! :angry: :o :(

as i said earlier.. thats exactly the reaction he wanted you to have :P so its kinda not the flipside... its still the same side?

it kinda makes you ask the question - what is art? whether you think its art or not, its definately bloody expensive.

Edited by JJCRU23R

I get what you mean, but I see a Porsche as a piece of art to start with. So what he did is comparable to spray painting over a fine painting done by another artist for example. That isn't art, thats just plain wrong.

there was an artist in sydney (i think?) that got a government grant to make art... she basically made little detailed trinkets made of gold... little objects that would fit in the palm of your hand. instead of putting em in a gallery like regular art, she hid them throughout the city streets.

i cant be bothered explaining that 1. i think that is a waste.