All the minor Rattles

xoom

Hi Fellow Toyota owners,

This is the official word from toyota.

For any of those rattles and noises on the car they are actually un-warrantable and only as a gesture of good faith were they even looked at. Toyota like i said as a gesture of good faith will warrant these rattles & noises for the first 6 months or 10K km's but after that they cant do much for you. Why ?

Well the word is that it is at that point in time that well the car has been on the road for a while and things in the car have probably loosened up etc etc etc which to me sounds fair enough but leaves me questioning toyota's build quality if after on 10K km's you have a whole heap of things coming loose ?????????

Who told me this. Well here's the title:

Regional Technical Operation Manager

Customer Services - Eastern Region

Anyway looks like i will continue to enjoy my little rattles until i get annoyed enought to start pulling stuff appart myself and fixing what ever it is.

Just thought i'd let you all know.

Mind u if u think its mechanical or something serious still get it checked out.

The other interesting fact is we couldnt hear any of these rattles n noises over the gear selector cables issue so this is an interesting loop hole...... :angry::angry:

Cheers

Bill

Hi Fellow Toyota owners,

This is the official word from toyota.

For any of those rattles and noises on the car they are actually un-warrantable and only as a gesture of good faith were they even looked at. Toyota like i said as a gesture of good faith will warrant these rattles & noises for the first 6 months or 10K km's but after that they cant do much for you. Why ?

Well the word is that it is at that point in time that well the car has been on the road for a while and things in the car have probably loosened up etc etc etc which to me sounds fair enough but leaves me questioning toyota's build quality if after on 10K km's you have a whole heap of things coming loose ?????????

Who told me this. Well here's the title:

Regional Technical Operation Manager

Customer Services  - Eastern Region

Anyway looks like i will continue to enjoy my little rattles until i get annoyed enought to start pulling stuff appart myself and fixing what ever it is.

Just thought i'd let you all know.

Mind u if u think its mechanical or something serious still get it checked out.

The other interesting fact is we couldnt hear any of these rattles n noises over the gear selector cables issue so this is an interesting loop hole...... :angry:  :angry:

Cheers

Bill

I seem to recall there's a reference to rattles not being covered by warranty in the front of the Corolla owners manual..

Last year I saw this dude on an american Corolla site who'd totally obsessed out over all his rattles and stripped the front of his car out finding them. He was posting pics as things progressed too.

He fixed 90% of the noise and rattles in the car and most of it was due to cheap plastics parts with fasteners that would never be tight enough. I remember him saying the plastic wiper panel was causing a lot of the noise vibrating.

He carefully siliconed or padded any thing that had a likelihood of rattling, he even had a before and after DB graph...

I'll see if I can find the link.

Don't get me started about ****ing rattles in my 2000 Corolla SECA.

The thing quakes like a blancmange at every pot hole, rattle everywhere, the doors, the dash, bits are loose.

Toyota said the same thing to me about warranty covering the squeaks for only 6 months.

Thing is, I reported the noises before my 6 months, had the car in about 3 times and each time the mech's couldn't find the cause. Result= still got the shake rattle and rolls.

P.S Note to self. Don't ever buy another Toyota.................. :angry:

If you talk to the service manager you can usually work things out ;)

They say as a rule that they wont, but they will do tings on a case by case basis for you ;)

I have a few big rattles which they are going to look at for me next time, and I am 20K

stoopid - it also helps if you dont rock the car from the back seat :P

Another bit of advice is DONT lowered your car with tight suspension or get a Subwoofer as the result is RATTLES!!!! i have a few due to the above  :angry:  oh well, just have to keep the sub pumpin and all is well

I always assumed that ratteling was my undercar neons :lol:

I know you guys have had the ratteling issue since these forums started... but is it truelly that bad? It couldnt actually just be a characteristic noise?

Does it go higher than 90db? You can get defected for the ratteling then :lol:

But yeah, im just curious, what loudness are your rattles? I shall be looking to get a sportivo when ive finished modifying my acsent enough thats all. Do you have to crank the stereo heaps to hear over the rattles?