Presara - Bluetooth

noble

:help:

I just signed up as a new member and am still finding my way around. I'm getting my new Presara tomorrow (can't wait) and I have a question about the built-in Bluetooth system. Thus far, my dealer hasn't been able to give me a satisfying answer.

The Presara brochure says that "Bluetooth will only operate with telephone enabled with compatible Bluetooth wireless technology (HFP [Hands Free Profile] version 1.0 and OPP [Object Push Profile] version 1.1 international standards)."

I don't want to buy a phone that is not compatible, but it seems that all mobile phones currently on the market are "compliant with Bluetooth Specification 2.0 supporting the following profiles: . . . Object Push, Handsfree, . . . " (quote from the phone connectivity specs). Is the Bluetooth system in the Presara old technology or is it compatible with any Bluetooth mobile phone that supports Handsfree and Object Push??? The phone I'm considering is a Nokia 6300.

Hope someone can help.

Cheers

noble

P.S.: Looking forward to having some good discussions here.

I just signed up as a new member and am still finding my way around. I'm getting my new Presara tomorrow (can't wait) and I have a question about the built-in Bluetooth system. Thus far, my dealer hasn't been able to give me a satisfying answer.

The Presara brochure says that "Bluetooth will only operate with telephone enabled with compatible Bluetooth wireless technology (HFP [Hands Free Profile] version 1.0 and OPP [Object Push Profile] version 1.1 international standards)."

I don't want to buy a phone that is not compatible, but it seems that all mobile phones currently on the market are "compliant with Bluetooth Specification 2.0 supporting the following profiles: . . . Object Push, Handsfree, . . . " (quote from the phone connectivity specs). Is the Bluetooth system in the Presara old technology or is it compatible with any Bluetooth mobile phone that supports Handsfree and Object Push??? The phone I'm considering is a Nokia 6300.

Hope someone can help.

Cheers

noble

Toyota dealers are much help with Bluetooth thats for sure. The 6300 will connect in hands free mode to the Presara no problem. The HFP is not an issue really version 1 or 2. The OPP may not be compatible which will mean you can't synch the contacts from the phone to the car. it's not a huge deal but quicker than entering them manually. I have a Nokia N73 and the HFP works fine. the OPP was not good but have reloaded different firmware on the phone now and haven't tried since so not sure its a no go just can;t be bothered trying again.

Hope someone can help.

Cheers

noble

Toyota dealers are much help with Bluetooth thats for sure. The 6300 will connect in hands free mode to the Presara no problem. The HFP is not an issue really version 1 or 2. The OPP may not be compatible which will mean you can't synch the contacts from the phone to the car. it's not a huge deal but quicker than entering them manually. I have a Nokia N73 and the HFP works fine. the OPP was not good but have reloaded different firmware on the phone now and haven't tried since so not sure its a no go just can;t be bothered trying again.

Thanks guys. There seems to be a wealth of knowledge in this forum.

My nokia 6300 , e65 , motorola v360 all connect to the blutooth first time.

THe only thing to remember...when your talking and then turn the car off when your stopped disconnects it. Wish there was a way of turning the ignition off without loosing connection. I end up sitting in the car with the engine running until i finish my conversation. Then again I might not have read the instructions :)

THe only thing to remember...when your talking and then turn the car off when your stopped disconnects it. Wish there was a way of turning the ignition off without loosing connection. I end up sitting in the car with the engine running until i finish my conversation. Then again I might not have read the instructions :)

I've found that if you DO NOT put the car in "Park" before you turn off the engine, the accessories stayed up powered up. I think that will allow you to keep talking on the Blue tooth without the engine running. Try that.

I've found that if you DO NOT put the car in "Park" before you turn off the engine, the accessories stayed up powered up. I think that will allow you to keep talking on the Blue tooth without the engine running. Try that.

That sounds RIGHT! Put the car in NEUTRAL and turn the engine off. The electronics stay on in my Aurion to allow me to enjoy my CDs whilst waiting for the wife.

Thanks mate. Bought a 6300 and it works perfectly.

With regards to issues with mobile phone compatibility, Toyota and Lexus will always try and attain the highest global standard for Blutooth. In my experience ALL the nokia phones I have connected work very well, most Motorolas work well (some won't connect automatically) and the same with Samsung. I have had clients who have phones that couldn't stay connected to the system, so they went out and bought the same phone as me so they knew it would work.

Most Toyota dealers aren't very helpful with SatNav and Bluetooth questions, mainly because they have dinosaurs as salespeople who don't have mobile phones.

If you have any questions about this please let me know.

... because they have dinosaurs as salespeople who don't have mobile phones.

ROFL :yahoo:

if u r in melb, i will surely intro all my friends to buy car from you, and my next car too!

hv NEVER seen a salesperson soo "into" his job

... because they have dinosaurs as salespeople who don't have mobile phones.

ROFL :yahoo:

if u r in melb, i will surely intro all my friends to buy car from you, and my next car too!

hv NEVER seen a salesperson soo "into" his job

I should really move to Melbourne, I think I'd make a fortune with all you boys in here lol. Unfortunately there aren't too many members in Perth, but I am still happy to help all the Perth boys, and what ever I can do for you boys over east.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a Presara and have tried several phones on the car kit the Nokia 6300 does work in the car.

Some how I can't get the Nokia E65 to work.

My IPOD interface module works fine. My playlist can be controled from head unit.

Regards,

Scooby

Edited by Scooby

I have a Presara and have tried several phones on the car kit the Nokia 6300 does work in the car.

Some how I can't get the Nokia E65 to work.

My IPOD interface module works fine. My playlist can be controled from head unit.

Regards,

Scooby

Hello Scooby,

Please tell me more about the IPOD inferface you mention? I assume its Blue tooth, is it an Apple unit or aftermarket, Make, Model,

any other details, Price, Photo's etc etc.....

I have a Presara also, can you use the IPOD interface as well as have a mobile phone blue tooth connection?

Thanks Derek