About Air Condition!!

TwlDC

hi, my 04 camry got a problem...

why every time when i turn on the air condition, and it's come out the air with bad smell

Does everyone got the same problem??

And how to solve this problem?? can anyone help me??

i had same problem with my 05 camry, i sent back to toyota dealer twice. They giv the same reason. You cant keep using the inner-circulation for air-con, have to use the another way, which is letting the air from outside to come in every now and then... (hope u understand my lame english ><") ok, i tried this, and i DOES help a LITTTTTLLLLEEEEE bit, verrry weird, that is when i thought all australian cars are like this, but i found out not...

so~ mb, u can try looking for the dealer, see what happens...

writing these, it reminds me of the dead body's smell...

I read in a newspaper article somewhere that there is actually a proper way of using the air con in a car. Some of the things I do remember are:

• Turn a/c fan on full blast for 30min every few months to clean out dust lodged in the vents
  • Use a/c every now and then even in winter to lubricate hoses within a/c system
  • Never use a/c in traffic jam because you're putting unnecessary strain on the engine (and wasting fuel)
  • Never turn on a/c after car has just started because you're putting unnecessary strain on the engine

I have also found that the vents that air are drawn into the ventilation seem to be from the (small) grill areas just forward of the wiper blades, which actually draws some of the escaping hot air from the engine bay - what a great design!

Of course, there is the more dramatic option of getting the interior of the vehicle professionally cleaned that costed me about $150, which was quite effective at getting rid of the lingering chemical smell after I got the car back from the panel beaters.

hi, my 04 camry got a problem...

why every time when i turn on the air condition, and it's come out the air with bad smell

Does everyone got the same problem??

And how to solve this problem?? can anyone help me??

as i was just saying on another post. You can buy a Disinfected Spray from Superchea, around $20.

You need to spray it to the vents above the bonnet and also from inside the car. Also another tip, Everytime after I've used the Air Cond, I open the outside air vents , let the fan run for a minute. This way there wont be any moisture inside the vents.

Also according to Toyota it is necessary to use the Air Condition at least 5 minutes each week, So this way the components wont dry up.