gen 5 celica intake

parkerst

Aight, so its time to get rid of that bloody stock intake; with all the mods the prev. owner had on this thing, you'd have thought he'd done an intake... :(

Anyway, so what are my options; whats going to be high maintenance and whats going to give me a good power gain?

Edit: and simplicity of install -_-

Edited by parkerst

This site has a tutorial for a DIY Cold-Air intake. It's not the one I did on my ST162, but a mate of mine has built this for his Nissan Pulsar SSS.

This can be done cheaper than what he quotes on the site if you look around and do it right. In this tutorial, he does say that you need to remove the high-beam light. It's not necessary, but of course you could redesign the general shape of the intake to go to where you want your filter to go.

This intake is effective and the sound is much better, as for performance, it is noticeable compared to the stock filter system. Although not greatly significant, it is noticable. =)

I know you said you have a 5th Gen Celica, and the page is for a 6th Gen, but it should be along the same lines anyways!

Good luck!

-Tidge.

Edited by Tidge

This site has a tutorial for a DIY Cold-Air intake. It's not the one I did on my ST162, but a mate of mine has built this for his Nissan Pulsar SSS.

This can be done cheaper than what he quotes on the site if you look around and do it right. In this tutorial, he does say that you need to remove the high-beam light. It's not necessary, but of course you could redesign the general shape of the intake to go to where you want your filter to go.

This intake is effective and the sound is much better, as for performance, it is noticeable compared to the stock filter system. Although not greatly significant, it is noticable. =)

I know you said you have a 5th Gen Celica, and the page is for a 6th Gen, but it should be along the same lines anyways!

Good luck!

-Tidge.

this is a way better link and better looking CAI then the link you gave

Click Haere

sry but i dont have time to find you a 5th gen forum

i only got the 6th gen and 7th gen forums

but just to let you no go for a AEM or Injen CAI because they are alot easier to put in

and they look alot better aswell

Edited by HaiiSon

Ok, so the part i've worked out thus far is the Simota.

http://www.simota.com.au/HTML/Airfilterkits_b.htm

SIM-CA10 Honda Accord 90-93

As for ozCelica. I registered but for some reason, the admins have been slack with my account (i'm not banned, i registered and it said i need administrator approval to post) and i can't actually read the workshop section (or post).

Click Haere

but just to let you no go for a AEM or Injen CAI because they are alot easier to put in

Wow, sorry I was just trying to help. I guess I just posted the first thing I found. I'll try better next time I suppose..

-Tidge.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dong-soo

Good luck!

-Tidge.

Click Haere

hey cool avitar :D

i used to have BAPE avitar on another forum so its funny to see another person using :P

ke ke. ^__^

mad props :P