Maintenance costs

afton

What's your Camry model & year and

How much per year you spend on maintenance costs?

very very much so on how much u drive! and whether or not your camry is financed.

if u click on this link it will show u racv's assessment of camrys and their cost. u can also find other cars in that link.

however that link add the cost of financing the camry. many of us might not have the car on finance. i dont have it on finance so i find that the average weekly cost of $193 is a tad inflated.

its probably close to $90 or $100max, which means around 5k per year.

if u do the basic oil and oil filter changes it will drop to 3k-4k a year, thats if u travel around 10-15000kms

2001 V6 Conquest, auto.

Apart from transmission fluid change at 60000k($50), 1 new set of front pads(429), brake fluid change(now due again), coolant change($17, also now due) the rest is just regular oil and oil filter changes at 6 monthly intervals(around $35) plus time doing visual inspections as per service manual is about it. That's over a 6 year period. Dreaded plug change is just about due as I am at 98000k..

Runs like a clock....

Edited by Topdog

Unfortunately I have biggish hands but I have had a look and also have plenty of extensions, otherwise it's off with the air plenum. Thanks for the encouragement. Toyota quoted $307 to do it.......

2001 V6 Conquest, auto.

Apart from transmission fluid change at 60000k($50), 1 new set of front pads(429), brake fluid change(now due again), coolant change($17, also now due) the rest is just regular oil and oil filter changes at 6 monthly intervals(around $35) plus time doing visual inspections as per service manual is about it. That's over a 6 year period. Dreaded plug change is just about due as I am at 98000k..

Runs like a clock....

your brake pads cost $429 to change??good ***!

they must be racing pads or something lol costs me $120 or something like that to change mine and be careful with ur coolant change use the toyota oem stuff or stuff that is recomended by toyota ive heard stories of engines dying with cheapy coolant.also every once in a while get a good tranny fluid change such as drop the sump clean all the crap out and change the filter and sump plug/plate.

Sorry, That should have read $29(missed the shift key and I couldn't edit it later and I hoped no one would notice LOL).

The transmission sump was removed & cleaned and fluid replacement was the recommended type(as per Factory Service Manual) and grade.(Castrol DexronIII), also for good measure the filter was removed and thoroughly cleaned (it is metal and serviceable).

Coolant replacement was a quality brand and type and mix as recommended in the same Toyota Factory Manual.

Trust that clears up a few things.