New 99 camry stereo!!

crackers

Okay. I have the stereo with a tape player in it. Its 2din. I need a cheap replacement for it with AUX in.

What i did was i went to toyota, and they said use the new stereo, which is 2.5 din. Is there any new car which is 2din, so its cheap and easy to replace?

Thanks.

Okay. I have the stereo with a tape player in it. Its 2din. I need a cheap replacement for it with AUX in.

What i did was i went to toyota, and they said use the new stereo, which is 2.5 din. Is there any new car which is 2din, so its cheap and easy to replace?

Thanks.

I have a 98 Camry and recently replaced it with a Sony Xplod(e)?? It's got all the bells and whistles I need and plays mp3 disks as well as having a front aux in for ipods or equivalent. The existing sound system works fine (but my son wouldn't agree... but he's got a full amplifier system and bass.) and the beut thing was that it didn't break the bank. The installation was done by the supplier and it looks fine (but in hindsight I should have gone all black without the chrome trim).

Cheers

Thanks.

Sorry.... I don't know why but each of my posts today have sent double!!! (hence the edit)

I have a 98 Camry and recently replaced it with a Sony Xplod(e)?? It's got all the bells and whistles I need and plays mp3 disks as well as having a front aux in for ipods or equivalent. The existing sound system works fine (but my son wouldn't agree... but he's got a full amplifier system and bass.) and the beaut thing was that it didn't break the bank. The installation was done by the supplier and it looks fine (but in hindsight I should have gone all black without the chrome trim).

Cheers

Edited by sjez

Hey, I recently got a sound system for my 99 Camry. I got all Sony xplod gear, it included the stereo, 2 six inch speaker, 2 6 by 9's, an amp and a sub and it only cost $550. Me and my dad installed it all ourselves and it wasn't that hard. If your only getting a new stereo you could pick up a cheap Sony one for like $120ish, and it really isn't to hard to install.

Catch ya.. :)

Don't bother about a cheap 2 dinner mate... they're nasty as! Cheap ones will be as expensive as a decent single din. You're best off buying an Alpine or Sony HU... and getting an aftermarket din replacement (pocket or whatever).

Pretty straight forward... I'd just get the place you bought it from to install it... get lifetime warranty on installs usually :)