2007 Corolla stereo and ariel queries

buzz

Hi all, I'm a brand new first time Toyota owner and a nube to the forum. I take delivery of my car on Friday :yahoo:

I have a few questions about the audio system, hope someone can help...

How is the factory cd player? I intend to add a sub and a couple of amps. Anyone know how many RCA outputs it has (the aftermarket Sony on my current car only has 2).

Also, is it possible to replace the long ariel to the small one I've seen on some (expensive) cars? If so, where can i get one and can I install it myself.

Thanx in advance guys.

G'day and welcome :D

Unfortunately, the factory head units do not have RCA outputs. However you can buy and install an RCA converter or get an after market head unit put in. Being an Audio enthusiast myself, I would always go with the latter option.

As for the aerial, I can't remember if the 07 models had the screw on types. If so, you can just screw it off and screw on a shorter type.

Don't forget to search for your answers too :)

In my 07 Levin ZR, the factory head unit and speakers actually perform REALLY well...

i had a real bassy song in the car and i experienced no distortion and a very nice rumble even in the higher end of the volume control. :P

yeh, the speakers & 6 stacker aint bad. At first its pretty weird caz the speakers seem to stick to treb. Or i should say lot of clarity. Then lot of bass can be heard clearly and non distorted. And its on neautral settings.

As for the antenna, toyota Japan offers a short folding atenna which looks very cool. But not the price. Not much aftermarket stuff out there for 07 model yet.

http://toyota.jp/auris/dop/package/

Roughtly $100au just for that antenna.

What aerial?

My Corolla has aerial in glass, I'm not sure about hatch though.

As for the speakers, the factory unit is pretty good. It also helps how it has 6 speakers, which is above average for other cars in its class (at least for base models) with 4 on average. Of course, the SX4 is king at this, with I think 8 speakers or something.

Thanks for the replies guys

Any idea if I can get the glass one installed after market? I just hate having to remove the thing every time i take my car through a car wash cause I always forget to put it back on :angry:

BTW, anyone have subs etc installed? I am thinking a mono-bloc for my current 12' sub, and another 6 channel for the speakers. I was wondering if one could install a set of 6x9 's or even 7x10 's on the parcel tray. Not sure how it'll work with the wiring etc

Thanks for the replies guys

Any idea if I can get the glass one installed after market? I just hate having to remove the thing every time i take my car through a car wash cause I always forget to put it back on :angry:

BTW, anyone have subs etc installed? I am thinking a mono-bloc for my current 12' sub, and another 6 channel for the speakers. I was wondering if one could install a set of 6x9 's or even 7x10 's on the parcel tray. Not sure how it'll work with the wiring etc

no idea about the glass antenna.

no idea about subs too. I personally dont like installing sound system in cars. They always sounded muddy, boxed, enclosed and can never project the true sound.

Hey, I've put a Sub and Amp in my 07 Hatch and also a pair of 6x9's. Although I replaced the whole headunit with a Pioneer Headunit.

As for the Aerial how bout this style (see pic upload below, found on ebay), and I personally don't like the Sedan Aerial which is in the glass and body of car, because my Mum his one and she can't hardly pick up stations, even though the stations are like only 20k's away? But Toyota are going to install a Aerial booster so hopefully that will make it better :D

See Here for Pic's

My 07 Corolla Modifications

post-4631-1195517162_thumb.jpg

Edited by The Hammer