Celica ST162

Hey all, I have a Celica ST162 gen 1 3SGE and Im just wondering is it posible to change the engine to a gen 3 or gen 4.

I dont know much about celica's so. :P sucks.

oh yeah its a 1989 if that makes a difference

If the engine dont fit, I have been having trouble with 2nd and 3rd gear, From 4th gear it WILL NOT go into 3rd unless I dont use the clutch, and it grinds into 2nd from 3rd or 4th faster than 45 KPH. . . whats that mean ?

Edited by 3SGE

Buy a 3SGTE from a GT4 and a new gearbox from a 2wd ST162. The two will match up and the engine will mount to the same points (correct me if im wrong). Then you have a nice bolt in turbo ST162 setup.

How much you going to spend? 3SGTE's are pretty expensive for what you are getting but to me this seems like the easiest option.

The problem with your gearbox sounds like you have an issue with the syncro's on 3rd and 2nd. If the car has had a hard life is probably shot to s*** and isn't working as they are meant to. Best solution...new gearbox. should be able to pick one up for about $250 - 300 from a wreckers :)

Edited by T_Money

Buy a 3SGTE from a GT4 and a new gearbox from a 2wd ST162. The two will match up and the engine will mount to the same points (correct me if im wrong). Then you have a nice bolt in turbo ST162 setup.

How much you going to spend? 3SGTE's are pretty expensive for what you are getting but to me this seems like the easiest option.

The problem with your gearbox sounds like you have an issue with the syncro's on 3rd and 2nd. If the car has had a hard life is probably shot to s*** and isn't working as they are meant to. Best solution...new gearbox. should be able to pick one up for about $250 - 300 from a wreckers :)

As much as I would love a 3S-GTE. . . Im on those stupid new laws ( only 17 ) and I cant drive turbo'd cars. 2nd and 3rd does have a hard life :P good ol' dirt roads in the middle of no where lol. Some times my foot is to fast for my hand and it grinds. . . very badly. But cheers any ways. . . looks like I have a christmas present now :P