How much do you reckon its worth?

wishbone

hey guys i just found this

and i was wandering how much i should pay for this car...i called the guy up and he said its gonna go to the wreckers...if i can get it cheap its good coz i got a 95 camry which i can stick the engine into..btw i havent seen the car in person so i need to make an offer to him first...just need ur thoughts

thanks

post-6463-1198908288_thumb.jpg

post-6463-1198908322_thumb.jpg

post-6463-1198908337_thumb.jpg

Edited by wishbone

Depends what condition the car is in...

Most wreckers will give you $200 for a complete car...

200 bucks?..but the guy said the cars got everything in there....so u reckon i shld offer 200 bucks for it and seee wat he says??

offer him $300 as you will need to get the car towed away and it would be a better offer than the wreckers. I have had a car taken to the wreckers and only got $80 but it was only good for the crushers.

yeah ill call him 2mrrw and offer him 300 but wat if he wants more...wats the max i shld pay for it??

I'm guessing that's a '90 or '91 chassis. Looks in alright nick, though it's missing some badges off the back so it's hard for me to tell what model. $4500-6000 is a normal price for a complete base-model in very good working order, which this is obviously not. Maybe you need to look at it first? I wouldn't bother if it's got rust, dodgey wiring etc, that'd just be more trouble. But as you said you have a perfectly good motor just waiting for it, so at least you know in what order the engine is exactly (engines in these are daunting unless you've had experience with them, so there's a plus).

I wouldn't offer more than $800 or so, if it came to it (depending how keen you are :P at $800, i'd say 'quite'). It's a sure bet there's gonna be things like the gearbox, power steering and CV joints to think about when u get it going. If it's AC-equipped, in all probability it won't work. There's a couple of grand right there.

I'm guessing that's a '90 or '91 chassis. Looks in alright nick, though it's missing some badges off the back so it's hard for me to tell what model. $4500-6000 is a normal price for a complete base-model in very good working order, which this is obviously not. Maybe you need to look at it first? I wouldn't bother if it's got rust, dodgey wiring etc, that'd just be more trouble. But as you said you have a perfectly good motor just waiting for it, so at least you know in what order the engine is exactly (engines in these are daunting unless you've had experience with them, so there's a plus).

I wouldn't offer more than $800 or so, if it came to it (depending how keen you are :P at $800, i'd say 'quite'). It's a sure bet there's gonna be things like the gearbox, power steering and CV joints to think about when u get it going. If it's AC-equipped, in all probability it won't work. There's a couple of grand right there.

yeah ur spot on 1990...i thght it looked okay..but now im a bit skeptical coz like u said gearbox, powersteering and CV joints..(not too fussed abt AC)ill go check it out first...i rather get an ST204 coz its alot newer..prob is havent seen one under 5gs...im hoping some1 sells an St204 with a blown engine for under 5gs...then i got myself a new ride :D..thanks for the advice so far!