Manual 1MZ-FE

Milgram

I own a 99 Touring series and its a manual. My girlfriend has just purchased an automatic 99 Vienta VXi and it appears to be much quieter engine wise (almost silent). I have also noticed my air conditioning is quite noisy at times and contributes greatly to the noise from my engine however this is not present in the VXi.

My main question is to do with noise levels and is there any difference between a manual and automatic 1MZ-FE in this respect.

Edited by JMacca53

I own a 99 Touring series and its a manual. My girlfriend has just purchased an automatic 99 Vienta VXi and it appears to be much quieter engine wise (almost silent). I have also noticed my air conditioning is quite noisy at times and contributes greatly to the noise from my engine however this is not present in the VXi.

My main question is to do with noise levels and is there any difference between a manual and automatic 1MZ-FE in this respect.

well all i can think of is tht coz manual is basically U changing gears it always gettin abit of wear tear...while an automatic uses smoother transmission and changes at the right revs...thts y its sounds less noiser and lets not forget u got some clutch work to do on ur manual!!! i aint no expert jst my opinion i might be wrong and im sure some1 here knows way more than me...bt i rather own a manual over an auto ne day....lets u choose how u want to drive and the fact tht u got more control with the speeds u choose!

No one's replaced the whole exhaust or anything with something a tad different??

Aircon can make a heck of a noise... most likely the clutches opening and stuff too slowly or sumfin. Had the same problem with mine... not worth repairing (costed like 700 bucks and didn't work for long lol)

are you listening from the inside or outside of the vehicle? if you're inside, could it have something to do with the vienta having better sound deadening properties?