Wheel Service

mulla

Hi All,

Got a set of new rims + tyre set for my Camry a little while ago from Beaurepairs. When I got them they gave me this little service booklet (similar to your car servicing booklet). It's got battery checks / wheel balance / rotation (if require) etc written on it.

Just wondering if it's worth it sticking to that schedule? Does a wheel need to be regularily balanced?? As for rotation I suppose I can get Toyota to do it when I get it serviced and would they balance it when they rotate even if they are not stock wheels?

Finally how often in terms of Km's should a rotation be done?

Thanks in advance for any advice :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Got a set of new rims + tyre set for my Camry a little while ago from Beaurepairs. When I got them they gave me this little service booklet (similar to your car servicing booklet). It's got battery checks / wheel balance / rotation (if require) etc written on it.

Just wondering if it's worth it sticking to that schedule? Does a wheel need to be regularily balanced?? As for rotation I suppose I can get Toyota to do it when I get it serviced and would they balance it when they rotate even if they are not stock wheels?

Finally how often in terms of Km's should a rotation be done?

Thanks in advance for any advice :)

you should get your wheels ballanced to maintain even tyre wear (they reccomend to do this every 10,000kms) youll know when you need rebalancing cause your car will shudder when your driving on the freeway.

they should do those checks when you take it to toyota anyway but they wont rotate and balance the wheels unless you request it done when you book it in.

and should you do this i suggest you mark the inside facing sidewall with a bit of paint on your front tyres so you know that they have actually rotated the tyres thats up to you to decide just out of experience

Just to add to TJ, get a wheel balance done can make a heee-yooge difference to how the car feels. Yeah, it's expensive, and while many will say that you save on wear and tear of other components, reduced fuel consumption etc, it really does make a substantial handling difference. Also, the last thing you need should you be involved in a prang is for the assessors to turn around and say you car was not maintained properly etc.

Get it done, and see if you can feel a difference in handling...

Thanks everyone for the advice! Will definately get it done every 10,000km now!! Probably every 15,000km since the service interval is 7,500km. The little paint trick sounds good :) never thought of that or just keep an eye on them when it sit there and wait :)

Thanks everyone for the advice! Will definately get it done every 10,000km now!! Probably every 15,000km since the service interval is 7,500km. The little paint trick sounds good :) never thought of that or just keep an eye on them when it sit there and wait :)

yeah id do it only because after all the times ive worked in dealerships half then places dont do things like that even if you pay for them at least if you mark the tyres youll have proof if they dont do it not slagging off dealerships or anything but they arent always shining examples for workmanship