Front Lip Fitters

I've managed to get my hands on a Levin front lip. It's already painted. I assumed I could fit it myself, but then realised I would need to cut slits in the bumper to install it.

Can anyone recommend a place where I can get it installed? Otherwise, I think I'll just call up a Toyota dealer to see who they use as they would be experienced in doing this already.

Also, anyone got any idea how much it will set me back? Just don't want to get taken for a ride.

Cheers,

Kev

I just want someone who knows what they're doing with this particular lip. Once slits are cut into the front of the bumper, there's no going back... If anyone can recommend a good joint in Melb, that be great.

Edited by P’¢¡šT

I just want someone who knows what they're doing with this particular lip.  Once slits are cut into the front of the bumper, there's no going back...  If anyone can recommend a good joint in Melb, that be great.

They aint hard to fit

i have pulled mine off many times (for really strange reasons)

dont pay for someone to do it

some of the guys from the forum will be happy to help (us Melb Boys)

Dude try a panel shop or someone in your area that fits body kits etc. Will be a damn side cheaper the getting toyota to do it.

Toyota generally just send the car on to a panel shop anyway, but charge extra then if you went straight there.

i have pulled mine off many times (for really strange reasons)

dont pay for someone to do it

some of the guys from the forum will be happy to help (us Melb Boys)

And this quote is funny for soooooooooooo many reasons...... :P :P :P :D :D :D :blink::blink: :o :o :o

Sorry, couldn't resist :P

these slits you talk about is interesting! i thought you just use adhesive tape and screw the two pieces on using the screws that are already in the front bar.

i recommend jr auto concept in box hill if you want a professional to do it at very competitive price. you will always find jap modified cars there like corolla and civic to name just a few.

Edited by kcorro

these slits you talk about is interesting! i thought you just use adhesive tape and screw the two pieces on using the screws that are already in the front bar.

i recommend jr auto concept in box hill if you want a professional to do it at very competitive price. you will always find jap modified cars there like corolla and civic to name just a few.

Not sure about the Sportivo lip, but hte Levin definately needs about 6 slits cut into the front bumper so that the top of the lip 'hooks' on. Then you screw on from the bottom. I thought the same and orignally wanted to do it myself.

I know I'd have to pay more if I go through a Toyota dealer, but I wanted to go directly to the panel beaters they use, as they'd probably charge more or less the same as any other panel beater, but at least I'd know they've done it before. I'll give JR a try if I can't track down a beater.

You've got me thinking now. How come the Sportivos don't have these 'slits' to hook the lip on. If you screw it on from the bottom only, isn't the top part of the lip not very attached?

Edited by P’¢¡šT

I've including a picture of the little tabs that come out of the lip for those that aren't familar. Slits need to made in the bumper to accomodate these.

levslit.jpg

If the Sportivo don't need these, I'm now thinking maybe it's possible to just cut these tabs off and use adhesive tape? It will still be screwed on from the bottom as well. Is that how its done with the Sportivo? Someone tell me if they think it will work.

Hey Kev, where did you manage to get your hands on a levin kit? Ive tried a many of times and could not locate. I rang some dealers in Syd and they said that its not sold seperately. Sorry Im not much help.

Lucky I guess. Found someone with a Levin who wanted to get an aftermarket front lip, so I brought this one off him.

You should be able to get it though I reckon as any spare part can be ordered. eg for repairs etc