Sportivo Downpipe Cracked into Pieces

Veez

Hi

I had a loud rattle noise coming from inside my downpipe. When we examined the downpipe we found that the inside layer had cracked into pieces! I had to then replace the downpipe and TOYOTA dont sell just the downpipe! They sell the complete exhaust piece with cat from manifold to before rear silencer.

Anyway I got a 63mm custom downpipe made up but then the car lost all its torque! So I removed the 63mm custom downpipe and install a Viper performance branch 4-2-1! Definately much better than the 63mm Custom downpipe but I still feel that the standard branch and downpipe with 63mm freeflow was best! Guess its in my mind or I need to Chip the car with the new setup!

Heres a pic of the branch:

viperkit.jpg

Any suggestions as too what would be the best setup will be welcome! Currently I have Viper Branch and 63mm 2 BOX Mandrel bent Exhaust System.

CES ported headers with stock downpipe match ported and tidied up would be the best option. Did you say the rest of your system is 2"??? If so then that is prolly killing it as well. From the cat back you should be going 2.5" to the rear of the car. CES also do a cat back for the sportivo as well and many many members of this forum have that system fitted to their sportivos.

With the above system fitted to your car there is no tuning needed.

Viper branch?? Never heard of them. How much did this set up cost you???