General Info On Ae112r

TFBoy

Hi all! I'm new to this forum, becoz i just got my self a manual ae112r corolla with about 150kms on it...

Ive owned 2 magnas before this..so this is a change i guess, could you guys tell me about those 1.8's? as i got no idea about them, like performance, fuel economy, maintainence, reliability or minor mods as it only has 85kw and 154nm..comparing to my 3rd gen v6 magnas which has 140-150kw and 300nms etc.. great appreciated!

Hi all! I'm new to this forum, becoz i just got my self a manual ae112r corolla with about 150kms on it...

Ive owned 2 magnas before this..so this is a change i guess, could you guys tell me about those 1.8's? as i got no idea about them, like performance, fuel economy, maintainence, reliability or minor mods as it only has 85kw and 154nm..comparing to my 3rd gen v6 magnas which has 140-150kw and 300nms etc.. great appreciated!

hi, :) welcome im quiet new on this forum myself, i also own an AE 112,

only mods i have done on it is exhuast, and air filter. next thing to get is rims.

donot need to do many mods, just get a kit and rims. :)

haha not much performance out of the 7A-FE. It's only for economy. You can do cold air intake like member on here Poggy did and 2.25" exhaust, extractors, etc for basic mods. Then if you want to get nitty and gritty... either go all out on the 7A with G heads from 4AGE, or do engine swap for 20v black top...

I'm at the moment thinking about 2ZZ-GE transplant... got to get around to asking the experts though when I get the chance...

haha not much performance out of the 7A-FE. It's only for economy. You can do cold air intake like member on here Poggy did and 2.25" exhaust, extractors, etc for basic mods. Then if you want to get nitty and gritty... either go all out on the 7A with G heads from 4AGE, or do engine swap for 20v black top...

I'm at the moment thinking about 2ZZ-GE transplant... got to get around to asking the experts though when I get the chance...

i would think the best thing to do is to change the whole engine, 4AGE :D i heard from ppl that said it wont be good tho.

since the AE112 is a FF. 4AGE engine came from a FR...

i would think the best thing to do is to change the whole engine, 4AGE :D i heard from ppl that said it wont be good tho.

Most 4AGE engines were released in a FWD format, either in the AE82 Twincam, AE92 SX/Levin, AE101 and AE111 Levin/Trueno, and in the AW11 MR2. The only RWD format 4AGE that was released in any substantial numbers (and not in Australia, by the way) was the AE86.

Most 4AGE engines were released in a FWD format, either in the AE82 Twincam, AE92 SX/Levin, AE101 and AE111 Levin/Trueno, and in the AW11 MR2. The only RWD format 4AGE that was released in any substantial numbers (and not in Australia, by the way) was the AE86.

oh wow nice , well there we go i learnt something new :D

well that is something taht can be done then

in manual form i find the performance reasonable, but nothing exciting.

so basically the 7age engines appeared in corollas nearly 20 years ago, as the ae86 was powered by a 1.6 7age i think. ae86 fan just want to know a bit more history about them :rolleyes:

in manual form i find the performance reasonable, but nothing exciting.

so basically the 7age engines appeared in corollas nearly 20 years ago, as the ae86 was powered by a 1.6 7age i think. ae86 fan just want to know a bit more history about them :rolleyes:

Toyota never released anything called the 7AGE. The 7AGE is a custom job involving a 4AGE head and 7AFE block. But yes, the A-series engine has been around for over 20 years now.

The 7A is a 1.8L engine, the 4A is a 1.6L

• 4 weeks later...

I owned one for 2 and a half yrs, here is what I found (owned an auto though)

economy - got about 7-7.4L/100km on highway, 11ish in town. A manual would better this, but I don't know how much by.

performance - only really lacked on hills, but use all the gears and revs you'll get there....could cruise all day in excess of speed limits, if you so desired.

mods - CAI works well, but is technically illegal. 8th gen corolla has independant rear suspension which is good for handling.

reliability - reliable, watch for steering rack rattles and oil leak around distributor. replace the cambelt every 6.5yrs/150000km and you'll be right. follow service handbook too.