Mr2 how much

wishbone

after alot of consideration i have decided tht i want a MR2..i was intially gonna get a celica coz i got a 5sfe engine but tht engine is soo ***** weak...i like the mr2...im currently on my red Ps so i cant drive a turbo...so im looking for a non turbo (NA) Mr2...i also wanted to know how much a decent one will set me back and wat i need to looks out for when i decide to go check one out...and do these mr2 have the reliability like the camry?

5sfe isn't THAT bad :P it gets crap because it's not easy to modify excessively and it's basically a daily driver, but it's built far better than a lot. utterly bulletproof unless you hydrolock or run 18psi boost :P

if i'm not mistaken, the MR2 had a 3sge flavour. higher redline, more power/torque and makes it further up. these came with optional factory turbos (3sgte), hence a 3sge could be turbo'd at a later date much easier than a 5sfe. these will also set you back a fair bit more.

btw, celicas have almost the same engines as MR2s. around that generation you can get 5sfe, 3sge or 3sgte in the celica or mr2...

edit: MR2 is a very sweet ride tho ;) i had the same choice, but practical considerations made the celica win out.

Edited by Keisari

ta mate...well im over the 5sfe and i wont more power...so basically i have to looke for a 3sge coz the 3sgte is turboed...cheers mate....oh and r the mr2s as realiable as the celicas and camrys?

well when your off your P's and if you decide to turbo your 3s-ge keep in mind that its not just a matter of whacking a turbo on there. the 3sge being naturally aspirated has a higher compression and the 3sgte has some other things the 3sge hasnt got. but yeah i reckon a mr2 will be just as reliable, just like always make sure you know what your buying.

think of it this way

lets say we have a camry (with a 5sfe) and celica (with a 5sfe) and a mr2 (with a 5sfe) all with 130,000 km on it. (all only having one owner, ie bought brand new)

since the camry is considered a family(ish) car it would have been bought buy some dude and had a nice life of driving a family around to school, shops, strip clubs etc. not a hard life.

the celica is a sporty(ish) car and is probably bought buy a mid to late 20 year old or even early 30 year old, it doesnt matter.

so this car has been mainly driven nicely but has most probbaly had a few hard drives, maybe a few thrashing but genearlly driven harder and faster that the camry, probably gets turned harder brakes used harder, bit of engine breaking for when the guy thought he might have some fun.

now the mr2. bought buy a guy who wanted a sports car, the car was probably driven much the same as the celica but maybe a lil harder, the car has maybe done some burnouts in its lifetime (if its RWD, i think they are) and maybe some other random ****.

so the even tho each car has driven the same amount of KM's the camry would probably be the most reliable at the time (general wear and tear stuff) followed by the celica and mr2, all of them are equally reliable but the camry will seem more reliable cos its had a easier life.

lol dont know why i just wrote all that, im just bored and have to wait up for my friend to come home (he lost his spare keys) and im just rambling on.

but i hope it helped

haha cheers mate...that sure did help...and it sounds right...lol (camry going to a strip club...haha)...nah tht like makes more sense...if u look out on the roads camry is driven by grannys, celica by younger ppl, and mr2 perhaps even younger guys who push it hard....ill get my mechanic to help me buy one...if i dont find a decent mr2 ill def get the celica st184 or st204....thanks dude