solenoid for sportivo??

does sportivo have a LIFT SOLENOID like a vtec solenoid??

I believe it is oil driven.

When the engine is operating above 6000 rpm, the ECU activates an oil pressure switch which pushes a sliding pin under the slipper follower on each rocker arm. This in effect, switches to the high lobe causing high lift and longer duration.
Edited by fad

thought i saw the lift solenoid last time i took my engine cover off..

just a thought that possibly the ecu is connected to an oil temp sensor to which then the ECU recognizes a warm oil temperature

and engages lift only when this oil temperature is high enough and when u hit "WOT"

otherwise if it oil driven lift would always be activated wen the oil is warm enough

NRG, i think you missed the point of Fads post. The ecu senses when the oil is warm enough, and then once the engine reaches 6000rpm it triggers oil pressure to push a pin out to "lift" the engine onto the high cam

NRG, i think you missed the point of Fads post. The ecu senses when the oil is warm enough, and then once the engine reaches 6000rpm it triggers oil pressure to push a pin out to "lift" the engine onto the high cam

ohh i was kind of thinking that we would have a solenoid that is activated by the Ecu when the settings are right

e.g. Rpms, oil temp etc

then to which the solenoid open up an oil passage that allows oil pressure to be applied to the pin to which engages the high lift cam?

lol might sound intimidating but always wanted to know how it works in our cars as it is a very similar system to vtec